𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 34

The sensation of cold wind caressing her skin made the girl slowly open her eyes, sighting the red material of her best friend's shirt.

She fell asleep on his shoulder, sitting on his lap and the boy had kept warming the girl's body with his own, his arms still embracing her smaller figure.

„Kuroo?”

She murmured, finally moving her face away from his firm shoulder and his chest where her face had mostly been resting on during her nap.

„Oh, you're awake Chibi-chan...”

She blinked a few times in a row to erase the blurriness in her sight, as she moved backwards for a bit, only then realising that she had been sitting on Kuroo's lap this whole time.

Her face instantly warmed up by the influence of her blood streaming faster through her veins, as the embarrassment overwhelmed her, her hands covering her face abruptly.

Kuroo's face was already decorated with a smirk, as Y/n turned her head to the side, still covering it with her palms.

„How long have I been asleep?”

„For three hours now.”

„What?!”

Her hands promptly escaped her visage, as her gaze merged with Kuroo's.

„Just kidding, it's been an hour maybe, I'm not really sure...”

„That's still too long! Why didn't you wake me up?”

She asked loudly as the frustration in her voice easily revealed itself.

„I couldn't bring myself to do that, you were sleeping so peacefully and after the story you've told me...I thought you deserved to get some rest.”

The boy glanced away, his countenance portraying the image of guilt haunting him on the inside. She couldn't help but feel bad for her own reaction, as she wrapped his face with her palms, turning it towards her own.

„It's fine, thank you for letting me get some rest.”

She uttered with a genuine smile plastered on her face, as the boy returned her a sincere smile of his own.  After her words, they kept staring at each other in silence, until it turned awkward for the girl, yet for the boy it turned into a blessing.

He enjoyed sharing this moment of silence with her, getting the chance to have a longer eye contact with the girl he loved in various ways; yet she could still only think of sharing this kind of a moment with only one person, the boy with golden eyes.

„Uh, um, anyway, we should probably get going. If it's really been an hour already since I fell asleep, it should already be the fifth class of the day...”

She spoke nervously, getting up from the boy's lap, or at least she had tried to get up, but it was difficult to do so after so much time of sitting in that same position.

„Y/n...”

Hearing Kuroo say her real name so suddenly genuinely surprised her, as she became silent yet again, looking into his hazel eyes one more time.

„Do you like Kenma?”

This unanticipated question hit her like a truck, as her mind seemed to completely stop working. Her thoughts were interrupted, her breathing stopped, and she couldn't even blink once.

„What do you mean by that? I think I can stand him more now than I used to before but I don't really understand what you-”

„I want to know if you like him the way I like you. Do you have feelings for him? Do you want to be with him?”