𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 45

The thudding of the ball echoed through the hall, capturing each gaze abruptly, not allowing all those pairs of eyes to run away even for a split second.

This moment marked another point for the Nekoma team, and the current result ended up being 19-18 in Nekoma's favour.

Only after a few seconds of staring at the ball's landing point, many gazes shifted from that spot to the girl who now seemed completely concentrated on the game, almost possessed.

„You saw that Kenma?” Kuroo asked, eyes widened prominently.

„Yes,” Kenma mumbled, eyes still resting on the girl that has now successfully grabbed everyone's attention in the hall as she grasped the ball tightly, spinning and bouncing the round object before yet another sound of a whistle compelled her to throw it in the air.

80% of speed and force.

Jumping high up in the air, her palm reached the ball and before anyone could even follow its trajectory, it landed exactly at the spot she had been aiming for.

Her glazing eyes promptly met those of the opposing team's captain, and even though a glare was what she had received, she didn't actually seem to care at all.

She seemed utterly absentminded, yet simultaneously aware of everything around her.

Her cold, seemingly vacant stare frightened every person it had landed on, including the captain of the opposing team.

Even though her own team continuously praised her serving skills, she didn't seem to give much notice to it, only waiting for one thing to come her way again - the ball.

It was now 20-18 points for the Nekoma team, and surprisingly she had been the one serving all the way to 23 points.

Now it was the turn for the opposing team to serve, and once again, Y/n didn't give them the opportunity to earn another point, as she immediately leaped over the court, receiving the ball and sending it towards the setter.

The opposing team instantaneously tensed up, waiting for the ball to reach their side. However, the moment Y/n's eyes met with the setter's, the ball flew back towards her, and this time she was the one who spiked it, sending the ball flying high up in the air after hitting the parquet.

„Man I got chills just watching this,” Kuroo said, embracing himself firmly with his arms as a shiver crawled up his spine.

„I'm not going to lie, I did too,” Kenma added, and Kuroo's gaze promptly shifted to his countenance, examining the boy's focused expression as his lips twisted into his signature smirk.

„Set point!” a vehement voice announced, immediately sparking the sense of thrill in everyone on the auditorium, as well as apprehension in all the girls from the opposing team.

Y/n however, didn't give away even a simplest reaction, scarcely waiting for the ball to come flying towards her team's side of the court.

This time, Akame was the one who got the chance to serve, the chance to mark the end of their first battle in the nationals, the chance to mark the first win of her team in the nationals and give them the opportunity to participate in it until the very end.

Knowing that this would be the last opportunity for the team as it it now to participate in the nationals together, she drew in a deep breath, shutting her eyes for a moment, remembering all the practicing that she had to go through to be standing where she is now.

Eyelids divided, her gaze flew towards her team's captain, whose eyes have been glued to her devotedly.

This is the last chance for Y/n to achieve her ultimate goal, and I am the one who can make it happen with just one serve.