𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 17

Arrival to the shopping mall wasn't as fun as Y/n had imagined it to be.

Perhaps it was because the weather had suddenly changed, or maybe it was because as soon as the group of three arrived to their destination, they were facing a certain someone, in a company of an unfamiliar person.

„Oh Kenma, what brings you here so early?”

Asked the dark haired boy, as he was now resting his right elbow on the unusually quiet girl's shoulder.

„Kenma and I just wanted to check out the store that has great prices at the moment, right, Kenma-kun?”

The boy was too busy staring at the girl standing next to Kuroo to be answering to the question, as he merely nodded his head in response.

Meanwhile, the girl was too busy trying to figure out who the girl in Kenma's vicinity is.

„I didn't expect you to go after stuff with low prices, but whatever, it's a good thing we got to bump into each other here. Y/n-chan and I came here with her dad for a shopping spree. Right, Y/n-chan?”

Kuroo queried, glancing down at the girl whose shoulder he was still leaning on.

„Right.”

Was the only word she said, as her eyes were now profoundly focused on examing the feminine figure in front of her. It looked almost as if she was glaring at her, which absolutely wasn't her intention.

„Is something wrong, Y/n-chan? You seem unusually quiet.”

At those words, girl abruptly fell out of her trance, finally moving her gaze away from the girl, onto the boy standing next to her.

„Oh, I was just thinking why anyone would go to a shopping centre with Ken-”

Her mouth got covered by Kuroo's hand before she could finish her sentence. Even though Kenma seemed as if he wasn't emotional, her words would've gotten to him more than she could've imagined.

„Wmt?”

The girl tried to utter, but her question came out sounding vague, as she was now staring into Kuroo's hazel eyes, utterly confounded.

„What Y/n-chan meant to say was that she didn't expect someone to be able to talk Kenma into going to the shopping centre so early.”

„Nm ths nwt wh-”

„Shhh, Y/n-chan, you really shouldn't say anything more than that.”

Kuroo spoke as he was benting over to her, peering into her (e/c) eyes.

The girl narrowed her eyes, as she pushed Kuroo's hand away from her face, glancing into Kenma's eyes for a moment, before she walked away.

„What's wrong with that girl?”

„Respectfully, Riyuki-chan, that's none of your business.”

Kuroo spoke with seriousness easily discernable in his voice, as he looked into the dark haired girl's eyes as if he was going to end her life.

„So, I should probably go after Y/n-chan. See you around, Kenma, and of course, see you around too, Riyuki-chan!”

This time, his face was decorated with a huge grin as he spoke and waved, jogging after the (h/c) haired girl.

Both Kenma's and Riyuki's eyes followed him until he finally reached Y/n. But there seemed to be something tense in the air around them, and maybe, just maybe it had something to do with Kenma and the way he was looking at his best friend at this juncture.