Trust (Dutch×Reader)

Dutch Van Der Linde × Gender-neutral Reader

About: You are a part of the Pinkerton agency but you dating Dutch Van Der Linde. When you and most of the gang end up at Guarma everyone is pointing the blame at you and you have to argue to prove your innocence.

Just want to put a trigger warning. Not for anything specific.

1515 words

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

You were patrolling around the Saint Denis docks since Dutch's gang botched a bank robbery and were now the most wanted men in Lemoyne. You suddenly heard shuffling coming from behind you and spun around to see Dutch along with Arthur, Charles, Bill, and Micah.

You and Dutch had been dating for a while now and you had grown attached to the gang. At first, you were going to immediately drop your job as a Pinkerton but Dutch thought it would be better if you were a spy for the gang. And that you were. You would try to mislead the Pinkertons and tell the gang whenever they needed to relocate to avoid them. Now the gang was the closest thing you had to a family and you cared for them all, with a few exceptions of one or two people who still didn't trust you.

"Holy shit. Are you guys okay?" You whispered to them, lowering the gun you were holding.

"We are not fine! Do you want to explain what happened out there?" Dutch whispered back to you in an angry tone.

"What are you talking about? I thought you guys just fucked up your robbery? I had nothing to with the Pinkertons showing up." You said, getting slightly louder.

"Yea well your 'nothing to do with it' got Hosea killed!" Dutch almost yelled at you.

"Holy shit." You said, stunned at the news of Hosea's death. "I'm sorry to hear that." You said, fighting back tears. You hadn't been at the bank when it happened. You only arrived after and didn't get any details besides that it was the Van Der Linde gang's doing"I'm gonna get you guys out of here." You spoke with determination after a pause.

You quickly and quietly led the group of men to a boat with only one or two close calls and boarded with them. You made sure they were well hidden and informed them about their destination.

"This boat should take you to a tropical island to lay low for a while. Be safe!" You informed them and then walked away."Fuck!" You quietly said when you realized it was too late to get off the boat and that you were going to have to go with them. It was too risky to jump and you couldn't just dive into the water. "Guess I'm going with you lot." You said sitting next to Dutch.

Most of the boat ride was Dutch, Micah and Bill making Passive aggressive comments about how you had 'nothing to do with the Pinkertons showing up and you having to defend yourself. When one of the workers found you guys and Dutch bribed the captain you just distanced yourself from them for a bit.

.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

You were sound asleep in one of the beds that the captain provided the group when you were violently swung out of bed. You quickly got up and looked around at the room of confused men.

"The hell is happening?!" You yelled out, trying to stand up with the ship swaying so much.

"The ship is sinking!" Bill yelled back to you and motioned for you to follow the rest of the group. You followed them until Arthur got trapped behind some fallen boxes. When everyone else left you stayed and tried to get to Arthur.