Daisies (Kieran×Fem Reader)

Kieran Duffy × Female Reader

About:You and Kieran were childhood friends but got separated when his parents passed. You end up joining the Van Der Linde gang and reunite with him.

Italics = Flashback

A/N:I'm not sure if this is totally accurate because I couldn't figure out how old Kieran was when his parents passed away. All it said was that he was young, so if I get his age wrong don't get mad.

1000 words

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

It was about mid-day and you(10) and Kieran(12) were playing in a field. Kieran was your nearest neighbor and closest friend. You and Kieran were playing around and talking to each other when Kieran spotted some daisies he thought looked pretty. Kieran thought you would look even prettier with a cute daisy flower crown. Lucky enough you heard your name being called by your mother.

"I'll be right back." You said, patting Kieran's shoulder. This was the perfect time for him to make the flower crown. He quickly sat down and got to work on making it.

Just as Kieran had finished the flower crown, he heard you call his name from across the field, smiling. He stood up and walked towards you as you ran towards him. When you two reached each other he just put the flower crown on your head without saying anything.

"Thank you, Kieran, it's beautiful." You giggled out, as you hugged Kieran and gave him a small kiss on the cheek. He was beyond flustered.

.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

That was twenty-five years ago now. When Kieran's parents died and his job at the stables kicked him out he pretty much disappeared. You joined the Van Der Linde gang after a scuffle with the law and now you were on the run with them.

So now here you were, in the freezing cold, keeping a lookout for the gang while everyone else was inside waiting for Arthur to return. Soon enough Arthur arrived, with a man hogtied on the back of his horse. You didn't really get a good look at the man before Dutch dismissed you from watch duty.

It's been a day or so since Arthur brought that man to the camp and most of the men were on some train robbery. Dutch said to starve the man so that he could get answers from him. You felt bad for the man though, so you decided that you were gonna give him your food for the day. You walked to the barn, where the gang was keeping the man, as quietly as you could and went inside.

"H-hello?" You heard the man stutter out, clearly scared and pulling on the ropes restraining his hands.

"Calm down, I'm not coming to hurt you." You said walking towards him. "You have a name?" You asked, now standing in front of him. Seemed like he refused to make eye contact.

"K-Kieran Duffy." He stuttered again. You immediately tensed up when you heard his name. You studied him for a moment, just speechless.

"Kieran?" You said full of surprise. This caused Kieran to look at you and study your face for a moment, before realizing who you are.

"Holy shit. Y/N?" He said, very surprised. It wasn't long before you felt the burning sensation of tears welling up in your eyes.

"What happened? You... you just disappeared." You said all that sadness you had from him leaving turned into anger.

"I-I don't know. I just needed to be alone for a bit." He said, trying to reason with you.

"Just for a bit?" You said, shocked at the way he put it. "It's been twenty-five fucking years!" You yelled and started to walk away.

"W-wait Y/N, please don't-" He yelled out to you, but was cut off by you slamming the barn door. You just stopped dead in your tracks and leaned against the barn door. You slid down the door to where you were sitting against it and just hugged your knees and silently cried.

.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

It's been a week or two now and you'd been avoiding Kieran like the plague. Sure you felt bad for him especially after that 'Geld him' fiasco, but you just couldn't bring yourself to talk to him. But it was getting hard to avoid him since he was allowedto roam around the camp.

You were sitting by the campfire, sharpening your knife when Kieran walked over to you. He just stood there for a moment while you didn't even bother to look at him and just sharpened your blade more aggressively.

"Y/N can we talk." He asked nervously, eyeing your blade. You looked up at him with anger in your eyes.

"What is there to talk about?" You said through gritted teeth as you got more aggressive with sharpening your knife. Kieran just gave you unimpressed eyes and crossed his arms. "Fine." You spat, holstering your knife and standing up. You grabbed Kieran's arm and practically dragged him into the woods by the camp. "So?" You said coldly, waiting for him to say something.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry for never trying to find you. I'm sorry for leaving in the first place. I'm sorry for leaving you." Kieran spoke with such sincerity in his voice but that didn't help your anger.

"Sorry? SORRY?! YOU LEFT FOR TWENTY-FIVE GODDAM YEARS! I SEARCHED FOR YOU FOR SO LONG AND ANYTHING COULD'VE HAPPENED TO YOU, I THOUGHT-" You cut yourself off. "I thought you were dead." You said, tears now welling up in your eyes. Kieran didn't say anything he just hugged and comforted you as best as he could. You just cried harder into his chest.

"I-its gonna be okay?" He sounded unsure of himself but he was trying his best. "I'm here now and that's all that matters." Kieran said, pulling away just enough to look at your face.

"I missed you, Kieran." You said as he wiped your tears away with his hand. Before he could say anything back you gave him a small peck on the cheek.

"I missed you too, Y/N." Kieran said, as you pulled away from the hug.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝