Dependent

Arabella:

August 24th 2022

We walk back to the seating area we sat in last time.

We could've gone out to lunch but I think Vincenzo wanted me to feel comfortable, and I think he did too.

He pulls my chair for me before he sits down across from, and we both take time glancing at the menu. There's this awkward tension, knowing that we're about to discuss nerve-racking information with one another.

I feel the need to do what I always do, try to break the silence with awkward conversation. "so, tomato soup. It's weird cause it's like just one thing in soup when usually it's like chicken and noodle or clam and chowder-"

He reaches over the table and grabs my hand, "You don't need to do weird banter Arabella, I know you're nervous. Let's just get food first and then we talk yeah?" I nod embarrassed.

Why does he have to read me so well.

The waiter comes quickly after, not the same guy as last time this man was a little shorter and skinnier. But he was very hansome in a quirky way. He had little circle glasses and messy curly hair. I smiled up at him getting kind of nervous to speak, "C-can I please have tomato bisc with a side salad and a baguette." Okay only one stutter I can work with that, maybe he didn't even notice.

He nodded softly smiling at me,"And for your drink?" I noticed he had a pretty english accent that made all his words sound poetic.Different than Vincenzo's. Vincenzo's Italian accent is rough and it always sounds sexy. Everything he says.

"Can I please have the p-passion iced t-t-tea lemonade" He smiles and nods, "And for you." I look at Vincenzo as he glared at the poor waiter.

"Black coffee, BLT and a side of chips." The waiter nods and smiles again, "You can fucking leave now." god why is he so mean to everyone.

"Of course, sorry. Your food will be out shortly." He walks away through a back door and my eyes return to Vincenzo.

"Why are you like this. This happened with the last waiter, and todays waiter. And a lot of other people." Great argument Arabella.

He keeps on his natural glare as he speaks keeping strong eye contact with me, "I don't like the way he looked at you."

I hold myself back from rolling my eyes,"He was asking what I wanted to eat?"

"Arabella." I feel all my will to fight back gone, I submit to him easily again.

"Sorry, okay. Explain to me. Please. Is this part of the conversation you wanted to talk about" I fight the urge to grab his hand in comfort for both of us.

He nods, "I've established my feelings Arabella, but it is simple with me. I don't like when other guys look at you, I don't like when you look at other guys. I'm the only one. That's how I want it to be. And it's fucking toxic I know Arabella but it's how I'm fucking am with you."

Part me of me understands him but still wishes he would still be kind. The other part of me feels a type of butterflies, "I don't want to look at anyone else Vin, I only see you."

He shakes his head, "Then you are gonna have to realize that I'm only going to be nice to you. I don't fucking give a shit about anyone else but you."

I take a sip of water before setting the glass back down and speaking back to him, "I don't think that's true."

"It is. Arabella I would kill anyone if they looked at you the wrong way. I fucking killed Angelo for what he said. He was on my team. And I fucking killed him. And I fucking regret nothing. Because he hurt you, he deserved it." I hate the comfort I feel with his words, I shouldn't feel safe from this. He's a murderer Arabella. "With the need to protect you comes possessiveness. I don't like to talk to people, and when I do it's not always nicely. Except with you. That's how I am, how I'm wired. I cant just turn that off." I shake my head looking down at my lap, I pull the string on my dress re-tying t for the third time today.