Prologue

Talia walked along the bustling sidewalks with a carefree skip in her steps. No one would have been able to guess that she had just broken up with her third boyfriend minutes ago.

At the age of 25 and living the life of a photographer freelancer, Talia felt no need to rush her love life like other girls. Don't ask why she had already gone through three boyfriends. The first one turned out to be a Playboy three timer, the second one turned out to be a narcissistic pervert and addict, and the third one had ended their business relationship after finding his true love.

Talia looked up at the sky, pausing on the curb for a moment,

"Haahhh...this is truly pathetic, even for me. Tch, there's no more good men out there, they must all be taken by now."

Shaking her head, Talia continued walking, taking in the scenery.
Coming to the crosswalk, she checked her watch. 10 minutes till her next shoot, she still got time.

"Catch him! He's got my child! GET BACK HERE!!"

The sudden yell shocked Talia out of her thoughts, and apparently, others out of theirs, as the crowd at the crosswalk began to move around, people trying to see what was going on.

As everyone was jostling around, Talia spotted the kidnapper heading towards her and without a second thought, gave a swift kick to the back of their knees as they ran past.
Walking over to the kidnapper sprawled on the ground, she pulled the child from his grasp and let her run to the mother huffing and puffing for air on the side, an onslaught of sobs and tears ensuing,

"T-Thank you so much, young lady, how could I repay you?"

"Keep a close eye on your kid, that's how."

Talia turned back around as if nothing had happened and glanced at her watch again before looking at the crosswalk signal sign with growing impatience.

The kidnapper, as he was being apprehended, raised his leg and kicked hard at Talia, slamming the heel of his boot into her back.

Caught completely off guard, Talia staggered several feet into the intersection before losing balance and falling.

Son of a-

Hearing screams, she looked up to see a red Ford truck coming straight for her at high speed.

Ignoring the new pain in her ankle, Talia scrambled to her feet and jumped out of the way as it zoomed past.

Whew, that was close!

Bam!

A semi truck came barreling from behind through the intersection and her, creating a very bloody accident.

Talia wanted to scream out at the injustice of this situation as her conscience shut down, a sea of blackness claiming her soul

(A/n: I do not feel to describe such a scene)

In the pitch black darkness, voices spoke over each other.

"I'm not taking her. Oh look, that one over there looks promising."

"Look, her soul is fading quickly, it's too weak, I'm gonna go find another one."

"How'd she die anyway?"

"The new truck-kun 15 ran her over."

"Why is she here then? Truck-kuns transport one-time transmigrators."

"I don't know. I'm leaving though. Yall coming?'

"Yeah, we coming."

All the voices slowly subsided. Her mind blurry and muddleheaded, Talia was barely aware of the voices. She had no idea what and who they were talking about but they were finally gone and she could now rest without interruption.

After a few minutes of silence, a voice sounded,

"...scanning...no ties to this world...host wavelength compatible...request for permission to bind overridden..."

'Binding completion...10%...20%...38%...46%...62%...81%...93%...100%"