37. Let's go on a date.

Joohyun was busy preparing a gift for Seulgi. She wants to take her on a date. She had been so busy lately and she wasn't able to look out for Seulgi, for this gift, for the compensation, she hoped for the times she wasn't there for Seulgi.

Jackson barges into Joohyun's office and Seulgi wasn't able to stop him. "What the hell?!" Joohyun jumped out of her seat and almost got a heart attack. "Can you at least knock at the goddamn door!!" She yells.

Jackson didn't even budge and was so serious. "I'm so sorry but Ms. Kang can you leave for a moment?" Jackson pleads. Seulgi wanted to say something but the atmosphere was so different and serious. "Yes, Mr. Wang" Seulgi bowed and left the office. She also closes the door to give them privacy. As for Seulgi, she can't help but feel so jealous between Jackson and Joohyun. She knows that Joohyun likes her but she can't help feeling so hurt. "I shouldn't feel this way but she keeps too many secrets and I don't even have the permission to enter her life yet." Seulgi thought.

"What was that earlier? How can you be so rude at her?" Joohyun stood up. She felt disappointed with how he treated the girl she loves.

"I don't mean to look rude at her, this is urgent."

"What?" She feels that he was making excuses.

"Here" Jackson sat on the couch and put two envelopes on the table. On the other hand, Joohyun walked towards and sat on the couch in front of Jackson.

"What is this?" She asked.

"This is the complete list of every information you need."

"Really??" Joohyun opens the envelopes and it has really the info she needed. It is the list of people she needed to meet to know what happened to his father's death.

"Those are the people who were on your father's side before he was killed. I don't know but some of them suddenly disappeared and some of them betrayed him and joined the Kim clan. We already know that the vice president betrayed your father and he was killed due to his stubbornness. We searched all his properties and we found this USB." He gets the USB from his pocket and gives it to Joohyun.

"What's inside?"

"All the companies' illegal transactions are led by the vice president behind your father's back. It was the Kim clan who ordered him. And we found something interesting inside the USB."

Joohyun gets the laptop and sees it for herself. She was surprised by the contents inside, even though she saw familiar faces.

"The Kim Clan profiles. Even though it's not complete, some of them will help us."

"We waited so long for this moment." Joohyun added.

"You're right. And by the way, we also investigated the people who are included on the list. You can just look at them."

"I can't waste more time. How about the girl's whereabouts?"

Jackson stopped and avoided Joohyun's eyes. "No idea" he lied. He can see Joohyun's disappointment. He doesn't want Joohyun to die but he also doesn't want to hurt Joohyun if she will know it was Seulgi after all.

"Don't worry about it. I'll find her myself. But first we must visit every person on this list. I haven't killed someone for a long time" Joohyun smiles playfully.

"Are you an assassin?" Jackson laughs. "Why? Once I found out that they were behind my father's death, I'll kill them."

"It's not about killing them just because they were behind your father's death"

"Then what's greater punishment than death?" Joohyun asked.

The atmosphere suddenly became awkward and both of them became silent.