Chapter 18

Rhys knew something was wrong when Myles got on the bus but didn't say anything. His friend had been quiet since the day Rhyn had gone with Ryan. rhys had thought he was mad and would talk his ear off, but the days following had been normal.

Rhyn hadn't done anything out of the ordinary either. He still studied late into the night, and he went to class like usual. But Rhys already knew. Every night he'd come home smelling like Myles. He never said anything because Rhyn was happy, and Rhys didn't want to deter that.

They'd survived Thanksgiving and were finally on Christmas break. With school out, the basketball season was in full swing for tournaments. After winter graduation, they were scheduled to drive across the state for a Christmas charity tournament. Everyone was excited, especially Myles. His father's law firm was a major host for the tournament. His father would see him play since he would be in attendance to hand out the trophies to the first, second and third places.

But this Myles was far from happy. He sat in his seat staring out the window, anger tightening his face. He didn't join in the usual banter with his teammates. Whatever had happened was bad enough he didn't want to talk about it. Rhys didn't blame him, but he wondered if his brother was involved.

He texted Myles. It was the safest bet. The last time he'd seen Myles get this mad, he'd nearly beaten the guy senseless. Rhys didn't want to be in the middle of whatever it was, but it better not have anything to do with Rhyn. He would put an end to the relationship if it was something disastrous for his brother.

Myles texted him back with a resounding 'No' to his question. So Rhyn was not involved. That's all Rhys wanted to know. He half thought about calling Rhyn to tell him something was up with Myles, but he didn't have to. His brother had impeccable timing. He heard Myles's voice soften as he spoke, a clear sign of who he was talking to.

With the tension eased for now, Rhys sat back and enjoyed the hour and a half bus ride. At least he tried to. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was missing something.

~~~~~~

Rhyd and Rhyn showed their tickets and went to the concession stand. It was the night of the championship game, and their university was playing in it. Somehow, they had come back from a ten-point deficit in the semifinals to beat an even bigger named school.

The university had hosted a massive watch party for the games. If they went to the finals, the school would buy tickets for the families to attend. Friends and other students had to pay their own way. Leyana and Arthur - the boys' father- hadn't been able to get off work in time to go so Rhyn and Rhyd had gone to support their brother.

Rhyd had driven. It was close to where he'd done his internship over the summer so he knew the way. Rhyn had sat back and enjoyed the quiet with his brother. If it had been Rhys, music would have been blaring and he would have been singing way off key. Rhyd was rambunctious but he was a quiet driver.

Rhyn thought about Myles the entire way. After saying they were in a relationship, he had meant it. No one had texted Myles, making Rhyn wonder what he had said to the people who always blew up his phone. He'd become so much more attentive. He'd started buying lunch, making sure he was home safely, and they'd even studied there. Once, a girl had come up asking for his number. Myles had smiled and rejected her gently, saying he was already taken.

The sex had been impeccable. Myles had encouraged Rhyn to research what more he'd like to do. They'd watched porn together so Rhyn would know what was out there. He'd rejected BDSM, dom/sub, and several others. He knew he was too gentle for those. They'd tried role playing, but after several fits of laughter, they'd ended it. Rhyn found out he was open to new positions and places instead of niches. He was fine being run of the mill.