Chapter 17 (18+)

Rhyn lay on Myles's chest with an arm draped over his waist. Myles was already asleep. He had gone to practice then had stayed up laet to work on a project.

Myles had given him his address and passcode to his gated community. He'd been busy with the project for his anatomy class and couldn't meet outside. He'd invited Rhyn over despite that. Rhyn had wanted to refuse, but he'd heard the tiredness in his voice. He'd found himself driving across town to his house.

The garage door had been open when he'd arrived. He'd parked behind Myles's Mercedes and had walked in the house. The housekeeper had smiled, grabbed a tray of snacks, and had led him upstairs. The last time he'd been here, he'd been preoccupied so he hadn't had a chance to pay attention to the layout.

Roberta the housekeeper had knocked on the door, opening it at Myles's request. She had set the tray on a table and had smiled at Rhyn on her way out.

Myles had gotten up and crossed the room. Rhyn had barely had time to put his bag down before Myles swept him up. He'd kissed him soundly, drawing a sigh from him. Rhyn had wrapped his arms around Myles and had kissed him back just as passionately. Myles had relaxed in his arms, and he'd deepened the kiss for just a moment. He'd ended it with a smack before he'd pulled away.

They had studied for several hours. Myles had worked on his model at his desk while Rhyn had sat on the floor. Soft music had played in the background, giving them a little reprieve from the silence of the huge house.

With all his homework and several assignments finished for the next week, Rhyn had gotten a shower. Myles had taken time to get him fresh clothes before he'd gone back to his model. Rhyn had showered and changed then blown his hair.

He'd walked over to Myles and had rested his head on Myles's shoulder. He'd watched his hands deftly sculpt the clay into whatever muscle, tendon, or bone he'd needed. He'd turned once, pressed his wrist to Rhyn's cheek, and had kissed him again. Rhyn had smiled into it then rested his head on Myles's shoulder again just as Myles had turned back to work.

He hadn't stayed up too long. He'd gone to bed around two in the morning, falling asleep almost instantly.

He'd woken up several moments ago to Myles in bed. He wasn't sure when he'd come to bed, but he wasn't going to complain. After their first time, he found he liked sleeping next to Myles. He was warm and solid. Rhyn liked solid and warm. He could get used to it.

Then he remembered they weren't together. They were just friends with benefits. Rhyn got the emotional support he craved and Myles got a willing sex partner.

At first it evened out, but now Rhyn wasn't so sure. After his discussion with Ryan, he wasn't sure he could continue this. They'd only been physical three times: the party, the pool, and the night here at Myles's. If they were going to do anything, wouldn't they have done it by now?

Myles sighed sleepily and shuffled his legs. He lifted a hand to ruffle Rhyn's hair. Rhyn shifted closer, nuzzling his head into the thick neck.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked. His voice was thick with sleep.

"How do you know I'm thinking?" Rhyn asked.

Myles slid his hand down Rhyn's back and twirled his fingers in his skin. "You're doing this constantly."

"Oh, sorry." Rhyn lifted his head as Myles shuffled onto his side. He tucked his right arm under his head and wrapped his left arm around Rhyn. "What is it?"

"You tell me. You're the one thinking."

Rhyn rested a fist on Myles's chest and rolled it into his skin. Myles watched him with hooded eyes as he tried not to fall asleep. Rhyn didn't want to keep him up, but he wasn't sure he could ask. So he decided to leave.