It was her (Special Chapter)

(It is the scene where Aston took Augustus to Aurora's working place to show him her paintings.)

Augustus's POV

The whole ride to the cafe was filled with silence. I already knew who she was but my heart was not ready. But at the same time, I wanted to welcome this new chapter of my life. Because I was sure that after tonight everything in my life was going to change, a good change.

She really is her. I had dreamed about her for years but after 7 years of constantly waiting to see her again, I met a girl, just like her. She seemed innocent, out of clue, and with a very bright smile just like that little angel I met all those years ago. I immediately felt protective of her. I made sure that she knew about me. And then we fell in love. 

Was that love I ever felt for her or was I just treating her like I wanted to treat Aurora?

This thought shook me. It was not true because I was never unfaithful in our relationship. I was committed to her completely. It was her who used me in every way possible.

Wait, why the hell am I thinking about all these unimportant things? I don't deserve to relive that time.

We reached there. Aston got off first and then I parked the car and went after him. It was a cozy cafe. He was going towards the back side of the cafe. It seemed like some kind of storage room for staff. I entered after him. The first thing I noticed was the scent of the paint. He switched on the lights and it took me time to adjust but after that what I saw made my jaw drop.

The room was completely filled with paintings, hundreds of paintings. It took me time to actually look at the paintings and not just the number of them. They were practically piling one in front of another.

I started from the left side of me. I saw Aston go up to the painting resting in the middle of the room. It must be the one she is working on right now or may have completed.

Seeing this made me chuckle.

This girl really has a thing for painting since the first day I met her. She made one for me, sitting just sideway of the road in front of her house. At that time, it was a surprise for me to see someone this little make a drawing so quickly and perfectly but now I can understand why? She is meant to be a painter.

"What are you thinking about which made you laugh?" Aston asked.

"Nothing. I just remembered the little girl who drew a drawing for me. She was grateful to a much older boy who saved her from some schoolmate. She sat on the sideway and drew a beautiful drawing of a boy and a girl holding hands." I felt giddy inside. The smile was not leaving my lips. I shook my head and looked at him. He was smiling at himself.

"What did you think of her at that time?" 

"She was little, too small, innocent, too trusting." I said. He intervened.

"She still is. She is naive."

"But that's Aurora for you. She is not like any of the girls I have ever met. She never was. I had been looking for her for years. I keep on going back to your old house in that small city, in hope of seeing her by any chance. But never found her."

"What about the girl, who made you not trust girls?"

"She died in an accident a few years back. The same day your parents left you guys."

"What? How is that...? Did... did you guys meet that time too?" He asked all curious.

"Yes. I saw her in the graveyard, telling your parents how she will give up on her passion for painting so that she can earn a livelihood for the three of you. At that time, I didn't know it was her. We looked each other in the eyes."