Still scared

Augustus's POV

I could not understand anything, but I knew that she was scared.

I took out my car's key and started going out. It was almost time to leave and not many people were in the office so I could leave without explaining where I am going. I was near the elevator when I saw Aston, then it struck me that has to tell him.

"Going somewhere? I was coming to you. You said that this file is important for tomorrow's meeting." He said. 

Yes, we have an early morning meeting and we should prepare for it today but she is more important.

"You have to come with me. Your sister is in a little bit of trouble. I got a call from the Police station. She is there."

"What the...but April said that she is at home. How did she get into the Police station?" Aston said, taking out his phone I think to call April. I should tell him.

"It's not April but your big sister."

"Not possible. How could she end up in a Police station? Is she okay? She must be scared as hell. She doesn't know how to act under pressure. We need to go there fast. She will break soon." He said worriedly. He knows his sister best. We really to get her as soon as possible. "What the hell is going on? We never did anything dangerous whole our lives, but now we are dealing with all types of shit." He said as we enter the elevator. Then he looked at me. "But why did you get the call and not me. I am her family and you are...not yet at least." He said, frowning.

"I don't know either. It was from her phone number." We reached the parking area.

I took out my car and he sat in. I was driving as fast as I could. We reached the Police station. 

I was looking everywhere to see where she is. A few thugs were sitting on the benches, but she was not among them. Suddenly we heard my name called out. I looked in their direction. 

She was sitting on a chair in front of an officer's desk. She stood up when she saw me. Instantly her eyes filled with unshed tears. I was about to run to her, but Aston beat me in that and ran up to her. He took her in his arms and hugged her tightly. I could see him sighing in relief.

He was right about her. She broke into tears in his arms. 

I want her in my arms. I need her in my arms right this moment. My heart is not ready to accept that she is fine until she is in my arms.

I sighed myself and went to the officer who must be in charge of her case. It was stupid to even say that she is involved in something violent. 

"Hello officer, I think I talked to you on the phone." I asked and shook hands with him.

"Oh, yes. She looked very scared and didn't know whom to call." He said looking at her adoringly. It irked me. I frowned at him.

"Yes, but she knows that I will always have her back. What is this about? She is not the one who gets into fights, so who is the person she fought with?" I asked. I was sure that it was some misunderstanding.

"In the hospital." He replied.

I was shocked and so was Aston. He let go of her but still had her in his arm's distance. 

"It's not because of her. Right?" Aston asked.

"What I heard was that he could not stand up and this fight was totally one sided." The officer explained.

It was not possible. She is so tiny and he said it was a man. How could she have beaten up a grown man?

"I am sure that he must have done something to her first and it is in self defense." Aston asked and I asked. "Who is this person?" I asked the officer but Aurora answered.

"It was him. He got bailed and dared to come near our house. He even threatened me for both of you. How would have I let him do that, again." Aurora said in her defense.

"What?"

"You didn't." We both said simultaneously.

"How could he get out  of the jail so quickly? He was in for harassment. Is there no justice here?" Aston was beyond angry at everyone for letting that bastard out on the other hand, my concern was totally different from him. I pulled her towards me, but she had her head down.

"How could you meet with that man? And you even fought with him. What if he had harmed you? How could you...? I don't even want to imagine of what had happened. Why didn't you run away from there and called the police? Are you some superwoman who has handled a grown man with your tiny body?" I was furious at her. She was shivering, but didn't reply.

"She handled him perfectly. And what is the name of this guy? I will check how did he get out." The officer asked, but I was not listening I took hold of Aurora's hand and took her to the corner where there was a bench to sit. I made her sit there and went to bring her something to drink but she stopped me. I sat next to her and faced her. 

"I am just going to bring you something to drink. You are still shivering. I will be right back. Okay?" 

"No, don't go. I... I think I am still scared. My heart is still beating fast. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that he is in the hospital because of me. I never hit anybody, not even Aston or April. But when he said he will go after April again, something burst into me and I kicked him. Am I going to jail now?"

"No, you will not go to the jail." It was Aston. "I just asked the officer. He told me that there is no report against her yet and if we want to, we can report against him first. It will become a self defense case. And with him being already reported by us. In total, you are not going to the Jail." Aston told us.

Thank God. It's not like I would have let her go to the jail, but it's good that it got sorted out legally.

Hello, lovelies. It's been long. How are you doing?

Hope you enjoyed it. I will be back with another update soon.