Wrong or Right (Part 2)

Augustus's POV

She is something else. How can she be so stupid to think that whatever she is doing for him will not affect her family?

I was waiting for the lift to my office floor while looking at my phone when I bumped into someone. Before I could react, that person vent out on me.  I looked up to see who is this ill-mannered person. I am one of the senior-most people in the company who dared to talk like that to me.

It was a young kid. He must be frustrated about something already. I will see him soon. I remember CSO told us that we will be having trainees from today. He will be under me. I smirked at that boy.

.

.

.

"Sir, these are the files you asked for."

"Thanks, it's getting late why are you still here?"

"I'll leave now. This was the last task."

"Okay..." He started to leave, but I stopped him. "Wait, do you have some plan for the night?" I asked.

"No, I will just head home. My elder sister is working overnight so my lil sister will be alone. Why? " He replied.

"Oh, so you need to be home."

"It's not necessary. She can stay home alone for a few hours. Is there something you need me to do?"

"No, nothing like that. I thought we could have a drink." I offered.

"Oh, I can join you if you want. I do need a drink with all the shit that has been going through in my life and sister's."

"Okay, you can talk to me about it if you want."

"Let's go then."

We exit the office together. He is the boy who bumped into me a week ago. I planned to make it a little difficult for him, but was so dedicated and took all my tricks as challenges that it changed my attitude towards him. He never complained about all the bullying. He is a good man, disciplined, and a hard worker. I like him, he is like a little brother I never had. He has only two sisters as his family and he took care of them as the only man of the family. I don't know about those two very much, but from what he told me, his elder sister earns the livelihood for their family and now he wants to help her lessen her burden. He has a deep respect for her big sister. She seems a very diligent person from what I heard. 

I don't know why, but this sister of his sounds familiar.

We entered a bar. It was near to our office. I have not been drinking that much lately. Don't feel the need to forget what is going on around me. 

About that stranger girl, we have been talking for days now. We talk about our day and stupid things. But that keeps me from drinking and her from crying her eyes out for her ignorant boyfriend.

"Two beers here," I ordered.

"So, what's the issue?"

"I'll have to drink before starting, Sir."

"You can drop the 'Sir' in the office. Call me by my name. So, do you have any girlfriend?

"No, don't have time for all this."

"Why are you so serious? You need to loosen up a little. Having a girlfriend may help you."

"No, I have a lot to deal with. Having one more girl in my life, I can't handle that."

"You know, by, hearing you just now, something strange but funny came to my mind. I also had a girlfriend and my experience was worse. If you know about what happened to me, you will never see a girl again." I chuckled at that. I can now make fun of what happened in the past. It is the first time I am talking about her and my heart is not aching that much.

"And you still want me to have a girlfriend."

"No, you are right, maybe. But having all kinds of experience is good. You will not have any regret."

"It's not like I will never date but not just now. Are you seeing someone right now?"

"No, I am not planning to date again. I have stumbled with a few girls and all of them only confused me. It's really hard to understand them. They made me smile and angry at the same time. So I am on the same page as you, it's just I actually have something to share on this matter." I said, thinking of all the girls I have met so far.

We were about to cheer, but he got a call.

"Hello, April?" I think there was no reply because he was waiting for something.

"Hello, April. Can you hear me? Say something?" Still no reply. He stood up from his seat, ready to leave. He was losing it.

"April... Who...who is with you?" He looked shocked. I took his phone and put it on speaker. He really needs someone who can think calmly for him.

'April, I know you are scared of me since that night, but baby, now even your sister is not the issue. You can come with me.'

'Le...leave the ha...house. Or I...I will call my brother.'

'No, you won't. I know you want me to.' Aston was shaking with anger. He now knew where they are. He left with the phone in his hand. I followed him. He is not in his right mind right now.

'I didn't tell anyone what you tried to do before, my sister loved you and I thought it was just a drunken mistake, but now I will tell them all about it.' We heard some noises. Then April cried in pain. 

Hearing that Aston punched the car's window in anger. "Don't touch her." He roared. Thank God that I was driving. "I will kill that bastard."

We reached there in no time. He barged in. A man was standing in the living room while a little girl was lying on the ground groaning in pain. She had one hand on her cheek and the other on her stomach. Aston looked at her and the hell broke. It didn't take him time to tackle that vile man down. I would have not stopped him from beating the shit out of that fu*ker if it was not for his sister who was in pain. 

"Stop...Aston, stop right now. April is in pain." Aston stopped immediately. He looked back at his sister who was still crying. He stood up and went to her.

I on the other hand took matters into my hand. I called the police first, then finished what Aston left in between.  I kicked that man in his stomach just to remind him how it felt, then I kicked him in his face. He started bleeding heavily. 

"Sto...stop him. He will kill him." I heard a little voice. I knew it was April telling Aston to stop me. So for her sake, I stopped. Aston already put her on the couch and hugged her close.

"That's why you were so afraid of him. Why the hell did you never tell me? Even if not Aurora but not tell me?"

"Aurora..." April said like she just remember her.

"Aurora?" I asked. 

Strange girl? Siblings, troubling boyfriend. Everything is indicating towards that. 

Before I could organize my thoughts the Police entered.

"Hello, Aurora. April is injured, I am taking her to the hospital. Meet me there. I...listen to me first. Meet us there I will tell you everything there." Aston called her sister.

The sister who might be the girl I've been talking to. 

It made my heart skip a beat, thinking that I might see her today.

Hello, darlings. Here is the second last chapter. Now only the ending of the story is left.

Let's see how they will react after finding out their mixed-up fate.

It will be a scene to watch them wrapping their head around their tangled past together.