The first meeting (Special Chapter)

(It is the scene of the first time Aurora and Augustus meet. And why did they have such a big effect on each other's life.)

13 years ago

Augustus's POV

I was coming from a mall. My friends were waiting for me in an internet cafe. I was around the corner when I heard a little girl crying and some other guys were bullying her. I was not going to interfere if I had not seen the girl's face. 

She looked so innocent and so scared. Anyone would feel the need to protect her if they saw those big beautiful blue eyes, although they were filled with tears, which made me want to interfere even more. I took a deep breath and walked toward them. 

They looked older than me and fist fighting is not my thing so I had to find another way. I went up to the girl and said, "There you are. I was looking for you, everywhere." She looked at me confused. I looked deep into her eyes and was shouting in my head for her to go with my plan. I think she understood me because she moved closer to me.

I put an arm around her shoulder and dragged her with me from that place. But one of the guys stopped me by my shoulder. "Do you know her?" he asked.

"Obviously, otherwise why would her mom tell me to bring her back home. We are neighbors." I said calmly, "I didn't want them to see through my lies.

"Wha..." before he could say anything else. I took out my phone and pretended to call her mom. "I can call her right now. Oh! I forgot to tell you that my father is in the Police. I can give him a call too." I lied again. I never thought that I was this good at lying because it seemed that they were buying it.

"Let's go...but what is your name?" She only whispered to me, but all those boys heard her asking my name. They looked angry. It was clear that they had found out that I was lying. 

"Shit, run." I took her little hand in mine and ran as fast as we could. She was very small so she was running slower. I was taking every turn so that they would lose us. It was getting dark. My friends were calling me continuously. 

We were hiding under an abandoned building. I waited for any sound that could tell that they were still following us. 

I looked at the little girl, she looked tired as hell so she sat down. Her hand was still in mine and with the other hand she was holding the corner of my shirt.

I kneeled down in front of her. "Are you okay? Why were they troubling you?" I asked.

"They always bully me. I asked them if they wanted my pocket money because in movies the bad guys always want money, but they just stop me from going home and pull my hair. They tease me for being so small and told me that I am ugly." She started crying again. "Mom said I am her princess, but then why do they say I am ugly. Princesses are beautiful, aren't they?" I chuckled at her cuteness. 

Here I was stressing out for my upcoming exam as a high school student and this girl is crying because someone told her that she looks ugly.

"They were lying. You are very beautiful just like some princesses. So now stop crying and tell me what your address is. I will take you home."

She told me her address and I took her hand in mine again. Now no one was following us so we were taking our time to reach home.

"You need to call your parents; they must be worried about you?" I said, taking out my phone for her to call them.

"I don't know, they think I am at my friend's house. I was on my way to her house."

"But you should tell them what happened and did you never tell them about those boys?"

"Because...because they will change my school and this city again. I just made a friend here."

"Why would they do that?"

"I don't know."

"But you really need to tell them about it. It could get worse."

"Okay, I will tell them." I looked down at her, she was ready to fall. She seemed very sleepy, maybe because of all the running that we did.

I let go of her hand and bend down in front of her. "Come on, I will give you piggyback." She gladly accepted it. She climbed up on my back and hugged me around my neck. Then she put her face in the crook of my neck. She was so small her legs were only half around me and she weighed nothing.

I knew she was fast asleep. I reached the address she told me. It was almost dark. I shook her on my back. She stirred up a little and hugged me tighter. It made my heart swell with an unknown feeling. I am fifteen so I know what I am feeling, but I never felt this for anyone before. The study pressure is so much that I never consider these feelings. But right now, I felt helpless because of my newly emerged feelings for this little thing.

I pulled her around so now she was in my arms. This time she woke up. She opened her eyes slowly, one by one. Everything she was doing was tugging my heart's strings.

She made a few cute sleepy sounds and then looked around. "We are home?" I slowly put her down.

"Yes, now go inside and tell them what happened. Okay?" I reminded her again.

"Hmmm...but...but what if those boys come tomorrow, will you come to save me again? What if my parents transferred me somewhere else? Will you come and meet me there?" She asked so innocently. But I was not sure if I could. This area is very far from my place. And if she really moved from here, there will be no way for me to find her.

Then suddenly I thought of something. I reached out for my bag. I bought something for me today from the mall.

"Here keep this. It has magical power in it. Always keep it with you. Whenever you are in trouble, call out for me, I will come to protect you and if I could not then it will give you all of my power." It was a false hope but at least it will give her a feeling of safety.

"How will I call you? I don't know your name." She asked, very worried. 

"My name is Augustus Romanov. Remember it." I said. I was feeling nervous at the same time, very gleeful talking to that little angel.

"I am Aurora Watson. I am nine years old. I am in the fourth year in my school." She said her introduction like she must have learned from school. It was funny and cute at the same time.

Then she took out a drawing book from her bag. She sat on the side bench and drew something on it. She didn't let me see it. But after almost ten minutes she handed it to me. It was neatly folded so I thought of looking at it after I reached home.

"Aurora, now go inside. I am waiting here till you get inside. Okay?" I said, giving her a nudge towards her house gate.

She started to move but stopped right in front of her door and turned to look at me. She showed me her hand in which that thing was dangling, "I will keep it safe until we meet next time." She gave me the biggest smile and entered the house.

My heart felt a sweet pain. It was the first time I felt these feelings. I didn't know where all these feelings were coming from, but I was loving it. I know she is so young and I might look creepy if anyone found out how I am feeling for this little angel. We have 5 years between us. She might not even remember me when she will reach my age. But still, I don't think that I will ever forget this day, ever in my life. I am happy that she has something that may remind her of me.

It suits her better than I. That key chain.

(After that day Augustus's family moved away but, fate had other plans and they met again after 10 or so years in that graveyard. They comforted each other.)

****************

Hello, lovers. How did you like it? That's all for now. I might give you a bigger surprise soon. Wait for me. See you guys soon.