Ride to the home

Aurora's POV

It's been a week for that matter at the police station and we filed the charges against that man. He tried to turn the case, but I had more support and the CCTV camera showed that how he provoked me. So I get to pay some fines but other than that nothing went against me. 

But he got a restraining order and if he got caught near any of us, he will be jailed. So I was a little at ease, but I think his father also got the idea that he will not be able to do anything, so maybe he will not let his psycho son anywhere near us.

.

.

.

I was working at the cafe. I was in the back room and I was painting on my new project. It was coming out good. I had no inspiration but recently I have so much to express so all I do is paint.

I was listening to my favorite songs list in full volume. I didn't realize when the time flew away. Mr Jackson came to tell me that it is time to close the cafe. I told him that he can leave first, I will lock the gates myself. He mostly does that so he left me alone.

I went back to my painting. It was wet so I put it to the side and took a walk around the room and saw all the paintings. I kept my every painting here, not at the home. It's a very small house so I can't keep many things there so all of my paintings are here. Even those which I made before joining here. Mr Jackson is a darling. His wife used to come to the cafe, but after she had leukaemia, she didn't visit. Mr Jackson is struggling financially due to hospital bills. I hope that everything could work out soon.

It was almost midnight when I stopped working. I got up and put everything in place and took my bag to leave. I switched off the lights and shut the storeroom door and I get out and check the cafe to see if any switch is  on or any window is open. After confirming I switched off the main light and took the keys and get out. I was about to lock the main door, but I saw someone standing outside of the cafe. 

And he brought a smile on my face. I waved at him and he walked up to me. He took the keys from my hand and lock the door. After checking that it is locked properly, he handed the keys to me again. "Let's go, it's pretty late." He said and took me towards his car. He waited for me to enter the car, then he entered himself.

Augustus had been taking me home after my shift. It was decided by Aston and him. I mean I had no say in this. It was funny how they were talking as if I and April were not even in the room. I was just glad to see that Aston was not stressed over this. He is still a kid for me, but I can understand his feelings to keep us safe. It's funny, but I felt proud of him how he was doing his best to protect his loved ones.

"Were you waiting for long? Why didn't you come inside?" I asked.

"No, I was not waiting for that long. And I didn't come in because I didn't want to disturb you. I know that an artist needs to give full concentration to their work. So how could I come in between? It was right to wait outside." He replied while still focusing on driving. Like it didn't matter that he had to wait for me.

He is different. Different from him or any other man.

I remembered how when I told that lousy person that I got a scholarship and he said that it was alms that were given to me because I am a charity case for them. That broke my self-confidence and tore my pride.

But now when I saw this man sitting beside me and thinking of how I felt before himself, It made my heart swell from warmth.

I made the right choice, so many years back. But he will never know what he means to me. I don't want to scare him away. I know I am not suited for him. Right now I just want to enjoy his company, however long I can.

"I will complete this painting by tomorrow. So you don't have to wait long for me." I said.

We stayed quiet for the rest of the ride. But I liked it. I felt his presence and I loved it. I will not be able to date him, but I am sure that I will never love another again. Like before, no one ever could be comparable to him. I always waited for him, but because of my stupidity, I dated that awful man, but now when he is back in my life, not permanently, but still I don't think I could ever love anyone else.

I was looking outside of the window. It was quiet and peaceful outside. I lowered the window glass and let the wind play with my hair. I put my head on it and didn't know when the caress of wind lulled me to sleep.

.

.

.

I woke with a loud honk of a car. I sit up alarmed. "It's okay, it was just a car passing by. Nothing is wrong." It was his calming voice that slowed my heartbeat.  

I looked around. We were still in the car, but it was parked in front of my house. I felt like I slept for a very long time. I looked at him and he was stretching his right arm. Then I get the situation. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked.

"Because you looked tired. Now when you are up, get inside and go to bed right after changing." He instructed and didn't give me a chance to say something back and opened the door for me and escorted me to my door. He looked at me in the eyes. We just stood there looking at each other. No one said a word, but it was like no word was needed. 

His eyes were filled with warmth, I can see clearly what he is feeling, because I was feeling the same. This dire need to be close to the other. He took a small step towards me still looking deep into my eyes. He cupped my face with his hands. I unconsciously closed my eyes and was anticipating for that to come...

But nothing happened, so I slowly opened one eye and saw he had a funny smile on his face. I felt like a fool.

What the hell was I expecting to happen? He must have guessed it. What he will be thinking of me? I want to die.

I heard him chuckle. I glared at him, but I was sure that my face was red as beet-root. I frown at looked down pouting.

He pulled my face towards him and kissed on my nose. It left a lingering feeling in my body. I looked at him. He still had a pleasing smile on his lips. I smiled myself. 

"You should really go inside now. Sleep tight. I will see you tomorrow." And with that he left immediately.

I stood there for a little bit and then went inside.

"Don't you think it is a little too late to be lovey-dovey in front of our house? It's past 12 and you were behaving like some teenagers." I spooked out with the sudden voice. I was not expecting anyone to be up, but both of my siblings were sitting on the couch.

"What are you guys doing up until this late?" I asked.

"Waiting..."

"...for you."

"But you were..."

"...busy flirting."

"Why you guys are completing each other's sentences? It is creepy."

"What you were doing outside was..."

"...creepy. How could you do that right in front of..."

"...our house. Right?" "Okay, now enough. Stop this right away.

"Stop..."

"...what?"

"Aston, April, if you don't want me to cut your pocket money, then you have to stop this act right now. I am very tired and want to sleep. You two, go to bed right now." 

They both stood up laughing and giving each other high five. I smiled seeing them this happy after a long time.

I hope that nothing bad happens now.

With today's event in my mind, I slept with a big smile on my face.

Hello, sweeties. Hope you guys enjoyed it. See you guys with next update soon.