The wrong relationship

(August 2021)

Aurora's POV

It was almost time to close the shop. I cleaned my hands and took off my canvas apron.

I had to take it home, soon. It is fully covered with paint stains.

I put the canvas I was working on in the corner and took the keys and exit the shop. I locked it properly and double-checked it.

I am not the owner but the owner always leave early and most of the time I had to close the shop.

I turned around and he was already standing there. He was doing something on his phone. Must be his office related work.

You see he is a general manager of a big company. He is very busy all the time. I try to match his expertise but can't.

I don't know why he is dating me, I am no one special. I am doing majors in art and painting. I take classes in the morning and do this part-time job in an art shop in the evening.

I gave him a big smile when he looked at me. He opened the car's door for me. What a gentleman. Right?

I sat in. I was so excited to tell him the big news. I was containing it in for the whole day.

"I want to tell you something big!" I said with too much enthusiasm.

"What?" He asked looking ahead on the road.

"You know what happened today at the Uni?" I asked so that he could get engaged a little but obviously, he is very concentrated on his driving.

"Why are you dragging it. Just come to the point." He said with a straight face.

He is always like that. Straight to the point.

"Okay, okay. I will tell you. Today I got a scholarship as my painting got first place in the whole state. It's awesome. I never thought my painting could be so great." I said with so much joy.

"Why are so happy about it? You should be embarrassed to receive this charity. They give you the scholarship because they know about your financial condition." He said shaking his head.

Really? I thought my painting...maybe he is right.  He knows better.

"Okay. I am sorry that I embarrassed you again." I said. I got very upset.

"I don't know why you are wasting your time on something as insignificant as painting. It won't make you money. Do something productive. Your siblings depend on you." He said.

Yes, I don't have parents. They died in a car accident in October 2018. I was 19 so I decided to become my little sister and brother's guardian.

I have been working my ass off since then to send them to school. They are good students. They both got full scholarships as they keep on participating in different competitions. I am very proud of them. They never gave me a hard time.

I met this man two years ago. He came to our shop to get the paintings for his house decor. He liked all of my paintings. We have been dating since then.

He keeps on insisting to get married to him so he can take care of me and my siblings. He said then I don't have to work or even study arts but...

"I told you before. It was my mom's wish for me. She was a great painter. I want to become as famous for her to find us." I said quietly. I know he doesn't like me to talk back.

"Why are you arguing with me. However great she was, but she is not alive to watch you now. As I just said it won't make money. You have a burden of your siblings too." He shouted.