The wrong encounters (Part 2)

October 2018 (The day when it was raining)

Augustus POV's

She has reminded me of the girl I met many years ago. The key chain, it reminded me of a very old memory, but her being that same girl from all those years ago is next to impossible. I met her in my hometown, so her being here and meeting me, will be one in a million chances. I haven't even seen her face. The girl from my memory was very shy and introverted, but the girl I met today was everything but shy and introverted.

.

.

.

It's been a week. I decided to let that painful incident leave.

The girl who thought I was going to suicide had never left my head. And so is that key chain.

Then I received that call, her mom told me to come.

I was filling the remaining form for further procedure. She died and still I have to do this for her even though she cheated on me. What a life I have.

A girl came by, she was crying and talking on the phone, "Aston, no you can't come here. Aunt will be here any minute. I will not be able to make April understand where our parents have gone. She will break down." She submitted the form and I saw the two names written in the deceased persons' space. Her parents. She is so young to lose both of her parents. It gave me a blow of reality that someone is at loss more than me.

"I will be fine, you just keep it from April... Aston, I am sorry to let you face this all alone there. I'll be there soon dear. Till then please don't get hurt too much." She was crying so loudly that it broke my heart. She seemed so lost at the moment, that I wanted to just go and hug her to give her space to breathe.

She went from there. I kept on looking at her from behind.

.

.

.

I was sitting in front of her grave. I had no idea what to say to her. She broke my trust and my heart, but I am still connected to her and maybe will be forever because of her mother who has no one other than me to take care of her. My parents were here today, they didn't want to come, but just to show off in front of others they came. Almost everyone was sure that we'll marry. No one knows about her betrayal so in their eyes, I am the one with great loss. They don't know that I lost her god knows how long ago.

Here I am, You must be enjoying my misery right now. You left me with nothing, nothing at all. I can't hate you anymore, I can't tell anyone what you have done to me. I don't think so I will be the same person as before.

I was looking at nothingness. When I heard someone talking, I looked up. A girl was sitting across from me. She was the girl I saw a few days before, in the hospital. "Mom-Dad, I will do my best in taking care of Aston and April. I will look for a full-time job and will continue my study too, maybe privately. I will have to stop my painting classes. But it's okay, I have more important things to take care of. I will need your blessings for that."

No...please don't make the same mistake as me. I did the same and see where I am standing now.

I looked at the grave in front of me.

See, I can only blame you for the things I did for you with a good heart. Sacrificed so much just to full fill your materialistic desires. I quit music just because you said it is a waste of time and that I am not a good singer. I left the company I was working at because you said I can do much better or what you mean was earning better and I had to do work at somewhere I hate work. I hurt my parents. Neglected my friends who warned me again and again, but I was the one who was wrong. I thought I was in love, but I was just blind.