The wrong encounters (Part 1)

October 2018

Aurora's POV

Convincing my parents to go to a party was hard, even harder when it is a night party. I have never gone to a party before, but it was the last year of school so my parents let me go.

.

.

.

It was so boring, no one is interested in talking. All of them were busy making out in every corner of this poor person's house, who is throwing this party, or they were playing some nonsense games. They are even playing in the pool and it is cold today.

I went to my friend who invited me today and told her that I am heading home. I am not ever going to any party. They are not for me.

I called for a taxi because suddenly it started raining and my dad could not make it here. The taxi arrived in 5 minutes. I send my dad the taxi number as he always warned me and taught me from childhood. I sat and told the driver my address.

It was pouring hard. We were crossing the bridge when I saw someone near the edge of the bridge. I don't know why, but my heart came to my mouth thinking the worst that could happen. I immediately asked the driver to stop the car. I told him to wait, as some seem to be in danger. I went through my bag. My mom is very protective just like my dad, she made sure that I have an umbrella. I took it out and ran towards the man.

He was across the road so I cautiously cross the road and went to him. I put the umbrella over his head. He looked older than me, maybe in his mid-twenties. I could not see his face clearly because one it was so dark in there and the second he had his head down. But one thing I could see clearly was his tear. It was slipping down from the corner of his eyes.

I planned to just make sure that he was not injured or anything but after realizing that the matter is different from what I thought I could not stop myself from saying this.

"I know life gives us shit, but don't die. Okay? Your mom will be sad." I wanted to just ask him if he is okay, or do he want me to call someone, but seeing him in so much pain I felt that he wants to be alone right now. So I felt that saying that was the best thing I could do at the moment.

I heard the honk, I turned to see that it was my taxi driver. I have to leave now. I took a last look at the man and said. "Look, I have to go. The taxi driver won't wait for too long. You go home safely. Bye-bye." With those parting words I left that suffering soul all alone. For a week he keeps on coming to my mind.

.

.

.

A week later.

I was at school. Today was the graduation day. I was waiting for my parents to come. I tried calling them but they didn't answer it. They maybe at my siblings' ceremony. I waited for them patiently.

It was getting very late, I received my graduation certificate without them. I called my little brother to ask him, but what he said got me worried. He said that they didn't even attend their meeting. I told him that I am coming to get them. I called a taxi and went to their school, which was not too far from mine.

As I reached there I saw that my little sister, April was crying and Aston, my brother was holding her in his arms. I took April in my arms and told Aston to enter the taxi. I bid good day to their teachers and left the school.

In the taxi I again called my dad but again no reply. April asked me about our parents, she was hurt that they didn't come to her meeting. I consoled her. I looked outside of the window didn't want them to see how worried I am.

Where are they?

As we reached our home, I noticed that the car they took is not in the garage. Just that I received a call. A call from the hospital. There was a big accident and my parents are in the hospital right now.

I went blank.

Aurora....

Aurora....

Ro... Ro... You are scaring me.

Someone shook me hard. I looked at them. "What happened? Who was on the phone? " Aston asked me.

"You take April in. I am going to see them. I think they had an accident. No need to worry, it might be a small accident. They are fine. But I can't take care of you both there so please stay home. Make her something to eat and go to sleep after. Okay? I will call to check up on you two." With that said I left them.

.

.

.

Today was the funeral day. They died the same day they met that accident. My siblings were at my aunt's house. The ceremony has completed hours ago, but I was still there, not wanted to leave them alone just yet.

I was sitting quietly by their graves. I saw a man across me. He was also sitting nearby a grave. I remember him. He was the guardian of the other person who died in the same accident as my parents. She was a woman, maybe his wife or girlfriend.

I looked at my parents. "Mom-Dad, I will do my best in taking care of Aston and April. I will look for a full time job and will continue my study too, maybe privately. I will have to stop my painting classes. But it's okay, I have more important things to take care of. I will need your blessings for that." I said. And unknowingly my eyes went towards that man.

He was still sitting there without moving or saying anything. I looked closely, he didn't seem to cry or feeling anything. He was just staring at that grave.

I don't know why, but I took out my drawing book, which I keep with me everywhere, and started drawing his portrait. By the time I finished it started getting dark. I stood up from my place. Bidding farewell to my parents and started walking towards him. Before going I took out a white rose from my parents' and tear out that page of his portrait.

I stood beside him. I put the white rose over his portrait and gave him. He looked confused while taking it from my hand. He looked up. And for the first time our eyes met.

Those eyes, I have seen them before. I remember them, but the difference is before they were full of life and warmth, but now they were cold as death. I am sure that he is him.

Seeing him like that pained my heart. I remembered him, but it was obvious that he doesn't. Still, I could not leave him in that condition so I said what my heart told me to tell him. "When you feel that your heart has nothing left in it, that means it is time for the new memories has to be made to fill that void."

Hearing that he released a long breath as if he was holding that for ages. He kept his eye contact with me. I thought he would remember me any minute, but he said nothing.

After waiting a few minutes for him to say anything, and getting nothing I decided to leave. As I was about to leave, he stopped me. "Ummm... I know... It is not my place to tell you this, but as you gave me an advice I want to say something too." He then looked behind me, I turned to see, he was looking at my parents' grave. "I heard you, when you were talking to your parents about how you will stop painting,....don't. If it is something you love to do then don't stop it for your siblings or anyone. You will hate your life and even your siblings when you will remember that what you have sacrificed for them. I am telling you this from my personal experience. Don't stop what gave you peace of mind." With that, he stood up and left with the white flower and that drawing of him.

Those lines. He said something similar to that all those years ago, when I was just ten. I am sure that he is the one, my first love.

Hello, darlings. It's the chapter full of suspense, next chapter is coming soon. It is taking time because I am writing it all right now. Nothing was prepared beforehand.