"I don't want you to hold back. Pretend I'm your attacker." Colby said and stood up.

"You want to go again?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, that shit hurt but we're not done here." He said then ran to attack me.

I found myself flinching, not wanting to hurt him again.

"Hey. Come on." Colby said and put his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm not cut out for this." I mumbled as he sighed. "Sure you are. You got me good just now, and you've only been at it for a couple hours." He encouraged.

"Just trust me. If I wasn't okay with this I wouldn't be doing it. Now let's go again." He said then took a couple steps back.

We continued doing these drills for a while before Colby decided to call it a quits.

"I think we're ready to move on." He said as I laid on the floor, trying to catch my breath.

"Lunch?" I asked as he chuckled. "Not yet. Come on." He said then started to leave the room.

"Ugh." I grumbled and stood up. I hadn't worked out like this is a long ass time so I was feeling every muscle in my body ache.

"Where are we going?" I asked in annoyance as Colby led the way through the halls.

"You need to learn how to wield a weapon before I take you anywhere." He said as my heart sank.

"I...I don't think I'm ready." I said quietly as he opened a door to what looked like a gun range.

"I think you don't put enough faith in yourself, Julia. You're ready." He said then walked over to a safe and put a code in.

"We're gonna just work with hand guns today. Nothing extreme." He said and pulled out a small hand gun.

"They're all extreme, Colby! Those kill people." I said and took a step back from him. "No, people kill people with guns. I'm not asking you to kill people for no reason, Jules." He said and handed me some headphones.

"You need to get in the mindset of it's either you or them. No killing you do will be mindless. I won't let that happen." He said as I nodded.

"They just scare me." I said and looked at the gun in his hand. "Do you think I would let you get accidentally shot?" He asked as I breathed a laugh.

"No, but you would get me on purpose shot." I said as he rolled his eyes. "Shut up." He said then stepped closer.

"This is your safety. The gun won't work until you flip this switch." He said and showed me.

"You try." He said and handed me the gun. I could feel my hands shaking as I flipped the switch, making it no longer safe to be holding.

"Relax, Jules." Colby said quietly. I wanted to get mad at him because he was always calling me Jules even though I told him to stop.

However, I appreciated his comforting nature right now.

"Okay, face towards the target. Don't point that gun towards anyone or anything but the target." He said and put his hands on my shoulders, guiding me.

"Stand shoulder width apart." He said and carefully nudged my feet.

"Okay good. Now line the barrel of the gun up with your target. Close your non dominant eye and focus." Colby hummed.

I took a deep breath and did what I was told, feeling my heart beat out of my chest. "When you're ready, pull the trigger. Don't worry about the reverb, I've got you." He said and kept his hands on my shoulders.

I took another deep breath then pulled the trigger, feeling my arms shoot back as the gun reverbed.

"Nice shot, sweetheart." Colby said with a smile as I put the safety on quickly.

I looked at the target to see the bullet hit right next to the bullseye.

"Holy shit!" I said and turned towards Colby. "You sure you've never shot a gun before?" He asked and took the gun from me.

"I'm positive. I fucking hate those things." I said then turned towards the target again. "Could have fooled me." Colby said with a laugh.

"We're gonna do some moving targets and stuff next since it won't always be easy like that." He explained and walked over to a computer that was off to the side.

He typed something in then a couple more targets popped up, all of them moving around.

"Alright, work your weird magic. Hit any of the targets and I'll take you to shopping." He said as I laughed.

"Oooo. Shopping?" I asked as he nodded. "Yep. If you hit all three there will be no price limit." He said as I grinned.

"Challenge accepted." I said then grabbed the gun and switched the safety off. I was still prettified of even holding the gun but I needed some new clothes and shoes.

I focused as best as I could then shot at the targets.

"Damn, so close." Colby said with a smug grin as I flipped the safety off and put the gun on the table.

I huffed out a breath, looking at the targets in front of me.

I was able to hit two of the targets but the third was left unscathed.

"Damn." I said as he shrugged. "Still pretty good. You hungry?" He asked as I nodded.

"Starving." I said as he took the gun, bringing it back to its safe.

"I have work to do, so you can sit in the office with me." He said then led the way out of the room.

I was glad that Colby was being somewhat nice to me considering how awful he could be. I was happy with my progress today and was actually stunned at how much I didn't mind it.

I didn't want to admit that though.