153 | Awkward Encounter

Start from the beginning

     Max didn't even have a chance to speak when Keigo bowed to him for the last time before running off.

     "What in the world just happened?" Max asks as he scratched the back of his head, confused as to how things escalated that way.

     "Max!" Someone suddenly calls out, and Max immediately turned around, only to see Ervin walking toward him. Thank god Keigo was already gone. It would have been even more awkward if his friends saw what happened.

     "The others are already heading back," Ervin informs him.

     "Is that so? Then are we going to Felix's room to hang out?" Max asks, trying his best to act normal as the two walk back to the building.

     "Not a chance. Ari's practically dead after drinking so much whiskey, so the members of BND are carrying him to their room. We'll just have to go back to ours," Ervin says, and Max instantly got nervous since Keigo was going to be in their room too. How on earth is he going to face him now, now that he knows that the guy actually likes him?

     "Will Felix be alright since he has to take care of Ari by himself? I doubt Gavriil is going help take care of him either," Max says, trying to think of a way to make sure he doesn't get to be alone with Keigo.

     "You have a point. Should Felix and I just switch places for now? I think I'll be able to carry Ari to the bathroom if he starts vomiting in his bed," Ervin suggests, and Max quickly shakes his head and says, "N-No, I'll do it. You're probably tired after playing with the others earlier, and I didn't do much today so I think I'll be fine."

     "Are you sure?"

     "Yes, I'm sure."

     "Alright then, if you insist."

     The two of them arrived at the rooms where the 2nd-years can be found. Ervin gave Max a good night and went to their room, while Max went to Ari, Felix, and Gavriil's room as planned. When he got inside, he saw Felix removing Ari's shirt for him. He could practically hear Felix cursing at their passed-out friend, but when he saw Max, an innocent smile instantly appeared on his face instead.

     "Oh Max, what are you doing here?" Felix asks, standing from the bed to face him.

     "Ervin and I thought that it would be best if I stay here instead so I could take care of Ari. You should head to our room so you could get some rest. Besides, today's still your birthday. You don't need to bother with our friend here," Max says, and Felix was once again reminded of how the brotherhoods started singing happy birthday to him at the hall earlier. Even the members of Crazy 8 arrived when the white uniforms left so they could celebrate number 7's birthday too. Felix is still one of Crazy 8's Executives after all.

     "Thanks, Max. And Ari's too heavy for me anyway. Let me just grab my phone and leave before sir Barron sees me in the hallway," Felix says as he rushes to the desk to get his phone, but just before he could head to the door, Felix realized something that made him grin, a realization that was definitely wrong.

     While Max was waiting for Felix to leave, Felix slowly turns his head to look at him, making Max furrow his brows in confusion. "Is there a problem?" he asks.

     The grin on Felix's face doesn't go away as he approaches Max until they were only inches away from each other. "Are you using Ari as an excuse just to be here?" Felix suddenly asks him.

     Max was surprised because he thought Felix found out about Keigo's confession, but then his little friend moves even closer to him and whispered instead, "You just wanted to be alone with Gavriil didn't you?"