|𝟏𝟐| |𝐄ᴠɪʟ 𝐍ᴇᴠᴇʀ 𝐑ᴇϙᴜɪʀᴇs 𝐀ɴ 𝐈ɴᴠɪᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ 𝐓ᴏ 𝐒ᴛʀɪᴋᴇ.|

Start from the beginning

The sister looked at him with eyes full of guilt. "I-I've been hiding something important from almost everyone for at least five years, Nate." She confessed.

Nathaniel did not get angry once those words came out of her mouth. He could understand the apparent guilt that she felt because he himself has been hiding something important from anyone, for twelve years already. "Like what?

She straightened her posture and placed her elbows on the marble counter and intertwined her fingers, deciding to eventually speak to her brother. "I've been having some strange dreams for the last five years that only Daniel knows about..." She toned, referring to the nightmares she's been having and not to what she's gone through in James' hands a long time ago.

"Trying to forget the fact that you've spoken only to my future brother-in-law and not to any of us for those peculiar dreams of yours, I'm simply going to ask; what kind of dreams?" Vocalized the eldest Bloodwood with a hidden embarrassment due to his own secrecy.

"Since I turned eighteen, I started having quite restless nights considering everything that was happening back then," she started explaining. "All that anxiety of the responsibilities that I had to start taking into consideration for my newly adolescent self, the missions at the Institute that I had to bring into success all by myself, the visit to the Silent Brothers for the invention of the... you-know-what," she evaded pronouncing her mind-hidden Black Door in order not to recall any unpleasant experiences and memories.

Nathaniel nodded his head in comprehension and gestured for her to continue, "Well, those nights yet restless, were totally not dreamless. The first night after my mission with those Demons in San Francisco, when Natalia helped me portal myself for the first time, it was when I saw the first dream... Well, more like a vision but I'm not certain."

"What did you see?"

"It is better if I show you..." She pulled out her Stele from its encasement and revealed her 𝐈ɴᴠɪsɪʙɪʟɪᴛʏ 𝐑ᴜɴᴇ that was drawn on her left wrist.

" She pulled out her Stele from its encasement and revealed her 𝐈ɴᴠɪsɪʙɪʟɪᴛʏ 𝐑ᴜɴᴇ that was drawn on her left wrist

"What has your Invisibility Rune have to do with your dreams?" Requested Nathaniel, in bewilderment.

"Every Shadowhunter knows that the Invisibility Rune cannot hide us from other Shadowhunters or common Downwolders, right?"

"Yeah... But?"

"Well take a look at this," she instructed before using her Stele to draw the letter 'A' right onto her Rune.

Nathaniel did not know what his sister tried to show him but when he realized what she wished for him to see, his whole body shivered from shock.

Alexandra had disappeared from his sight.

"What the hell?" Yelled Nathaniel and almost fell from his chair when he flinched in shock. "Where are you?"

"I'm right here, Nate." Her distant voice replied like she was speaking from another dimension.