Racing feelings ~ Chapter 5

"So you say you are here on a visit ?" Gerard asked the confident man who sat weary in the chair front of him and Eden. "Yes, I actually reside up north near York" he answered, staring at Eden the entire time.

She didn't know were too look in all truth the man creeped her out. "So why are you down here, Mr. Albury ?" Eden cleared her throat. "Well after my father's passing, I became head of my house being the oldest of three I now have to find a wife who can bear children and live with me on my estate this place." He added annunciation on the word place. "This is where my father and mother met, so I decide to start here" he smiled twisting the ends of his black hat in his hands.

"Right well thank you for coming Mr. Albury I and my sister greatly appreciate your kindness, time, and gifts we shall hope to see you at the next ball" Gerard started leading the man out promptly shutting the door as soon as the man exited.

"Well, four done, and one more left" Gerard turned to his sister clasping his hands. "Who is it ?" Eden was curious due to the fact half of the men which have come today she never met or spoken to before this morning.

"Lord Colton" her brother smiled ready to meet the man. Gerard flung the door wide open hoping god had sent a man who could catch his sister eye.

Edward Colton stood at the door his cane resting beside him for accessory purpose only the man stood about six foot tall he's short brown hair sat neatly on his head and his eyes widen  with joy when met with Gerard.

"Ahh, Lord Colton" Gerard greeted, putting the name to the man's face. "Lord Walsworth, how are you ?" both men now held each other in a firm handshake."Good, I hope all the same for you ?" Gerard smiled leaving go of the man's hand.

"Yes, very well, but I am here on the account to see your sister." The man bowed his head sporting a soft grin.
"I do hope so" Gerard smirked at the sudden timidness of the normally outgoing man.

The pair entered the room to see the wanted woman sipping on tea growing bored of waiting for them both.

"Miss Walseworth what a pleasure it is to see you again" Edward bowed his head lightly before looking back up at her.
Eden choked on slightly on her tea coughing to get the lodge drink out her throat. "Y-yes, it is, how- sorry how are you this morning?" Eden apologised and placed her empty tea cup down.

"Much better now that I'm in your presence" he looked delighted with his choice of words.Eden cringed inside at them."Yes" was all she could say back to the smiling man.
"I see you have had quiet a few suitors" he gestures to the door where he had seen the many men who had left the room.

"Yes, well I didn't even know any of them till this morning" she admitted feeling her brothers gaze between the two. "I guess that means I have a advantage on them" he cleared his throat before speaking once more. "These are for you" he handed the woman a box wrapped in ribbons with purple lilacs surrounding the bow.

"Oh... thank you" Eden was slightly caught off guard by the box. She received gifts from all the suitors this morning, but they were all flowers and bouquets, not that she wasn't grateful for them of course but the man's neatly wrapped box intrigued her.

She gently opened it and was greeted with four bars of cocoa chocolate, a small black book with a purple lilac embroidered in it, and quills wrapped in dark green ribbon. Gerard peered over the box to see the insides his face contorting into confusion"that is a-".

"Fantastic gift" Eden cut her brother off, a gleaming smile on her face. "thank you, Mr. Colton truly".She continued inspect the gifts."I'm very glad you like it, I did have my worries over it on the way here" he smiled satisfied with Eden's joy.