Another moment away ~ Chapter 1

London England, 1814

Rooms like this always made Eden feel unfit,unwelcome unliked. They always have and she assumes they always will until she is rather too old to attend or banished from society for having no husband or children. Eden always disliked the way the light shone a little too bright. The way the crowd was rather too quiet or too loud the mix of it making her spiral into distress. The fancy drinks were rather too fizzy or flavourless but the thing Eden hated the most was the men's obnoxious laughter and the women's pitiful giggles to the jokes that weren't humorous at all. And of course the frantic mothers who sprinted around in search of husbands for they're growing daughters before they are classed as spinsters by society.

Eden stood alone her eyes anxiously searching around the room keeping a weary eye for her two brothers. One who wished to watch and guard her every move making sure she presented herself as dainty and elegant the perfect mixture for the lords and dukes scouring the room for their next wife. The other who was simply in attendance for the free drinks.

"Ah Miss Walseworth" a familiar voice echoed from the side of her making Eden turn stood tall and filled with a delightful glow was Daphne Bridgeton a very memorable childhood friend.

Daphne Bridgerton, the fourth Bridgerton and the eldest daughter the famous family's elegant and grace from her perfect red her to her thick lashes which brighten the beautiful blue in her eyes. The Bridgerton Lady now Duchess Basset was already a respected member of the ton and since her marriage and brith on her beautiful baby boy she became the highlight and honour of every ball. She was the lady mothers would usher there daughters to be friends with.

Eden eyes widen at the sight of the red head she quickly lifted her slouched shoulders and greeted the young woman beside her. "It's been far to long ." Daphne smiled to her old friend. "I believe it has been, I heard you are now a Duchess" Eden grinned at the woman her longing dreams finally achieved."Indeed I am, and luckily to a man who I love." Daphne held Eden close, entangling her arm in the brunette woman's loose gloved one.

After all this time the two still felt comfortable with each other presence. A peaceful sense between girls who had grew into women.

"I must say congratulations on the birth of your son I'm sure he is accompanied with the beautiful Bridgeton smile" Eden held Daphne's gloved hands in her own as the pair made they're way round the crowded ballroom. "He is but everything else he stole from his father." Daphne shortly but sweetly laughed looking to the floor. "How dare he." Eden sarcastically replied making Daphne laugh once more. "Enough about me Eden I want to hear about you. Have you had any luck finding suitors ?" Daphne looked to her friend she held small waves of concern at her friends lack of love. "I believe your mother is trying to set me up with your eldest brother the Viscount" Eden smirked into her drink. "And how is it going I would be happy to keep you close to my family". Every second the two women spent together the old familiar routine of their youthful friendship fell further into place. "I believe I get along with him but only because I've spent my childhood with him and well I'm educated in other things other than society roles which sadly some others aren't" Eden looked around at the other girls queuing to dance with The Viscount. Eden meant no harm by the comment she truly believed the women of the ton should be educated beyond their mother's wishes but she knew that would never happen no matter how hard people tried. "Hmm, my brother expects too much he doesn't see the intent of marriage sadly" Daphne replied glancing round the room in search of said brother. "Most men seem to experience the same issue" Eden agreed noticing they were now standing close to Eloise and her Mother, Lady Bridgerton.

"Eden?" Eloise turned to look at the brunette woman who stood draped in a soft rose gown her arms conjoined with her sister Daphnes, a smile appeared on her face. "Eloise have some manners" her mother quietly scold. "Manners mother I have known her since I was three manners simple do not matter" Eloise blurted quickly still wearing a grin. "How are you, Miss Walseworth ?" Lady Bridgeton asked.  "Please call me Eden Lady Bridgeton I've known you since I was a child, it would be impolite for me to expect any more" Eden nodded at her to which Lady Bridgerton showed the kind smile that some of her children inherited. "And I'm very well, thank you, how are you this fine evening ?" Eden asked. "I'm very well too, although I would be happier if Eloise removed herself from my side and was on some suitor's sides instead" she turned to her younger daughter who refused to make any eye contact with her mother. "All with time mother" Daphne turned and nodded her head. "Exactly, hopefully, there is not enough time" Eloise whisper the last bit near Eden making her stifle her oncoming giggle. "How are your suitors this evening Eden ?" Lady Bridgeton asked. "My suitors consist of one duke who had two left feet and awful manners, a lord who was spitting in my face as he chewed his food and spoke of the women he has been engaging with, and a 16-year-old boy who I had to run away from as I was extremely uncomfortable and your eldest son the Viscount" you finished sighing at her fail of a night. "My gracious" Lady Bridgerton let out. "I mean between you and I Anthony is not any better" Eloise admitted. "He's looking for a Lady who can provide him the best children ...like cattle" Eloise spoke, making her mother shoot another glare.

These days |Benedict Bridgerton|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें