Hunting for joy ~ Chapter 12

"And make sure you put an extra blanket on lord Weston's bed, I hear he feels the cold." Violet finished her requests.

"The roses and carnations have arrived, ma'am" another servant informed her, she thanked him with a warm smile and nod. "You may wish to have lilac, Mama" Daphne suggested. "Symbolic of first love" She explains her words. "I have taught you well" Violet grinned at her daughter. "If there is truly to be a proposal before the week is, Anthony, will need all the help he can get," Daphne admitted holding her hands together, her mother humming in agreement.

"Eden dear" The passing woman was stopped by the sound of Violet's kind voice. "Yes," She turned to face both women. "I would like to apologize for my son's cruel words last night" Eden's expression softened the woman's words. "No need at all, I've had worse thrown my way and will have in the future... but thank you" Eden nodded.

"Miss Walseworth, your family has arrived." A servant came, leaving Eden to quickly walk outside. Although it had only been two days, she did miss her siblings.

"Eden" Gerard called out, a smiling George beside him. "Hello, dear brothers" Eden lovingly smiled at the pair.

"Eden" another voice called out from behind her. "And sister." Eden looked at her younger sister, confused. "How come you're here ?" Eden questioned. "The Bridgertons were kind enough to extend an invitation to her for some reason" George rolled his eyes, causing Clara to nudge his shoulder. "Hmm, well, lovely to see you all." Eden smiled, taking Georges's arm.

"Yes, seems it" Gerard added, taking Clara's arm. "How's Lizzie ?" she asked her brother rather excitingly. "She's great, although she has missed waiting on you hand and foot." He smiled at his sister. "Has she? Whose hand and foot as she been waiting on in my absences ?" Eden questioned. "Clara's" Gerard interrupted, leaving Eden and George to laugh.

The four Walseworth siblings caught up on the previous days talking about what had happened in the ton while Eden was gone and what had been happening at the Bridgerton manor before going separate ways, Eden and Clara now hooked each other arms as George and Gerard made their way over to the other men.

"Miss Walseworth" her name was called once more, looking up Eden saw Edwina, Kate, and Anthony sitting at a small table. "Miss Walseworth" Anthony stood up offering the chair to Clara to which she grinned. "Lord Bridgerton" The two sister bowed their heads.

"Kate was telling me how she is eager to see more of the grounds of this magnificent estate" Edwina smiled, holding her sister's hand. "I was ?" Kate questioned her sister. "The grounds are beautiful" Eden smiled in agreement. "Indeed, and after having spent the last few days on her own might you give her a tour while I spend time with the other ladies" Edwina's beautiful smile never faltered as she stared at Anthony. "I am certain Lord Bridgerton is occupied with other guests" Kate countered her sister.

"Shooting, in fact, with the other gentlemen" Anthony agreed with Kate for once. Eden sensed the weird tension between the two, looking to her sister for some confirmation, but was met by her staring doe-eyed at Anthony in pure awe.

"The party is to leave quite soon, I'm afraid" Anthony stared into the distance. "Did you know Kate is an excellent shot ?" Edwina added, hinting at the two. "Of course, she is" Anthony politely smiled.

"Are we all set for the hunt, brother ?" Benedict jogged over, shaking his brother's shoulders in excitement, Eden could have been sick. "Indeed we are" Anthony grinned at his brother whose arm rested on his shoulder.

"Kate, tell him how you used to shoot all the time." Edwina smiled at her sister in encouragement. "Miss Edwina" Anthony chuckled at the woman's attempt. "Kate is being modest" Edwina defended her sister, her hand still on hers.