Chapter Four | The Secret Bucket of Dares

Leah was sitting on the wooden patio out in the backyard, her legs were over the edge with her back to me

Leah was sitting on the wooden patio out in the backyard, her legs were over the edge with her back to me. Her thick dark brown hair was dancing around her as the summer soft breeze lighted the heat of the late afternoon.

After we got back to the villa from the beach, Farah and I showed Leah around and introduced her to Craig, Kathy, and their other three friends that I didn't get the chance to properly meet with last night. Emilia, Sam, and Leo. Emilia and Leo are cousins, they met Craig and Kathy two years ago at one of the national car races. Sam was Emilia's best friend and he was a national hero racer.

"You can crash here whenever you want." Craig told Leah.

Leah smiled, "I'll keep that in mind."

After the short conversation, Cole, Farah, Leah and myself had lunch that we brought with us. Leah introduced us to this amazing local restaurant that was a five minutes drive from the villa.

"They make the best grilled fish and potato fries in the whole world." Leah said enthusiastically.

"Potato fries? You mean French fries, right?" Cole asked with a raised eyebrow.

Leah stopped walking abruptly and turned around looking at Cole just before we entered the restaurant for a takeout.

"Not French fries," She explained with a gleam in her eyes, "Potato fries, my friend. Take a whole piece of potato peel it and then boil it for a few minutes. The next step is to coat it with bread, eggs, and Parmesan cheese, then drop the baby in hot oil."

Cole's eyes lit up as we resumed walking into the restaurant; "Those babies sound delicious."

True to her words, the grilled fish and potato fries were delicious. We literally inhaled them.

After lunch, Cole, Craig and Sam went to buy booze and other stuff for the party. Leah went to take a shower in Farah's room, while Farah, Emilia, Leo, and myself worked on clearing out the living room and the backyard so it will be ready for the night.

Half an hour into arranging the living room, I turned to Farah who was busy twirling the lights through the railing of the stairs.

"Why is she taking so long?" I asked

"Who?"

"Leah! She went to shower like half an hour ago."

Farah nodded and told me that she would go check on her right away.

A few seconds later Farah is back down with a small smile on her face.

"Obviously she was beat! She is sleeping."

An hour later, everything was in place. My DJ station was on the corner of the living room by the French doors leading to the back yard. The decoration that Craig left us to use, gave off an 80's vibe.

I went to the front porch to help Farah fix the light, and when I went back inside, there I saw Leah in the backyard.

I watched her from the French door, my body leaning on the frame. She looked more at peace than the first time I saw her hours ago. Though, she looked like she was deep into her own thoughts.