06

Filler chapter
That same day around 11 pm

Kai walks quietly into his house and shuts the door slowly behind him. He didn't know why it felt like he was another teenager sneaking in from a party they weren't allowed to go to. He sighs realizing that either his parents were snapped or they were gone.

Taking a deep breath he walks around the house seeing many things have changed. The living room was no longer a minimalistic vibe. But it was now rather...colorful? It was full of yellow, grey, red, blue, and green.

He walks into his parents room to see that it's empty — his heart drops at that.

Walking further into the house he goes to his room but stops when he hears muffles cries. With furrowed brows he stops to listen for a bit hesitantly deciding to go into the room.

When he opens the door the cries stops. Only for them to become even worse.

It was his parents. On his bed, just how he had left it 5 years ago before he had left for his New York trip.

His breathing stops as he walks faster to embrace his parents. All could be heard was broken cries, they had missed their child so much. And he had missed his parents, even if he felt like he was gone for 5 seconds, even if he didn't interact with them much. He loves them just as much as they love him.