Chapter 24: I meet the Rodriguez family

-WRITTEN-: 15th June, 2022.

-PUBLISHED-: 14th July, 2022.

"Yes, Rhea I will be there for all yours and Abhimanyu's wedding ceremonies. . . I promise." I said for what seemed like the 20th time as my Dad pulled up into the school's parking lot.

"Okay, mmh-hmm . . . Yeah, bye. . . . . What! No there is no boy, shut up," I laughed at her words before ending the call. "What did she say?" My Dad asked as I waved to my siblings; Diego and Kenzie who were still ignoring me.

"She wanted me to confirm that we'll be there for her and Abhimanyu's wedding ceremonies like haldi and mehndi and everything. . . . . . . . she was also asking if there was a boy in my life." I added the last part while subconsciously fiddling with my fingers.

"And there is but you didn't tell her." My Dad said as I rolled my eyes fondly at the man who was my father and Dad. "Yeah because everyone will make a big deal out of it and say that 'You're too young to know about relationships and love' and that's just annoying because a girl and guy can be just friends." I asked as my Dad let out a chuckle.

"Seriously though, I know that I've always addressed you as Dad but Mr. Sebastian Prince, this feels weird like calling you by your full name but anyways, thank you for being my Dad and choosing me as your daughter. I'm so grateful that you were there for my Mum when times had gotten tough and everything just seemed to fall apart." I told him as Dad smiled.

"This is a weird place to say all this kiddo but I'm glad I'm your Dad, being your Dad is the best blessing and gift I've ever gotten and everyday when I look at you and your Mum who's my wife I am reminded of the people I fight for everyday." I threw my arms over him and gave him a quick hug as he opened the door for me. "Wouldn't want to embarrass you," Dad joked as I shook my head at him. "I'm proud of being seen with you and Mum and holding the last name Prince." I told him as he smiled at me.

"Anyways get to class Bug," I got out of the car as the Martin and Rodriguez siblings approached me. "Bye Dad," I said as he drove away from the car giving me a wave and the others a quick friendly smile.

"Hey," I greeted my siblings first as they pretended not to hear me.

"Alright then," I mumbled as the Rodriguez brothers greeted me. "Hey guys," Both brothers smiled at me as Jace started talking about tutoring. "When is your music project due?" He asked as my eyes widened in realization about the music piece for Diego's dance.

"In a few weeks?" I said hesitantly as Kaleb spoke up. "And Diego and I have checked the piece and played around with it, it's basically done." He said as the eldest Martin nodded. "Great," I said as we stood in awkward silence.

"Evelyn," I turned around at the mention of my name as a skipping Dawn came my way. "I sent her a wave as she pulled me into a quick hug. "Hi," I said, surprised by the hug as she greeted the others while Kenzie just nodded at her. "I have so much to tell you," She said excitedly as I let out a laugh at her mood.

"What's up?" I asked her while giving her my full attention. "So on the weekend I went to an interview regarding a job at the arcade and I got the job!!! Also Tanner Hudson got suspended again, oh and Charlie McCall wanted me to tell you that he's expecting to see you at his next game since the last one was apparently a practice game." She said in a rush as she smiled happily at the fact that she got a job.

"That's great, Dawn!" I smiled as she handed me a note. "Oh, I found this well actually the receptionist told me to give this to you," She said as I frowned when looking at the note. I grabbed the note before opening it up.

"Dear Miss. Evelyn Anaya Prince, due to unforeseen circumstances we are regretting to inform you that the bail of Kartik Jones has been granted. On the 26th of May his bail appearing was granted although our lawyers tried their best to push the bail until further notice unfortunately that was not the case.