Chapter 28: Exam week

-WRITTEN-: 7th November 2022.

-PUBLISHED-: 20th November 2022.

The last few days were a blur as exams went on.

My mind felt like it was going to explode as each exam went on. It was a scary process, but thankfully mock exams had prepared me for the real thing as we waited outside by the staircase to be let into the exam room. Exams were taking place in the school library and gym.

All the teachers watched us as we marked the register.

Our pens and highlighters were in a clear plastic bag along with our phones as our bags were placed in one classroom. The teachers made us line in a single file depending on which class we were in.

I was in the library as well as Kenzie, Diego and Dawn, Jace and Kaleb were nowhere in sight, and neither was Nevaeh or Jacob as I hadn't seen the two the entire day. I looked at my siblings and Dawn and nodded to them before looking at the clock.

9:25, 5 minutes until the exam starts. My nerves had started bubbling in my stomach as I bounced my leg up and down in anticipation. "You will each receive your science papers, put your hands up and a teacher will hand out your assigned paper," I raised my hands and waited for a teacher to come as I saw Nevaeh and Jacob rush into the room.

They mumbled a 'sorry' and sat down as a teacher handed me the biology paper. "Um, miss I'm also doing chemistry," She nodded before giving me the chemistry paper. "Is that all?" She asked me. "Yes, thank you." I said and placed both papers on the table.

"You may write your name on your paper and your teacher's initials," I wrote my name and circled my teacher's initials just as the teacher said we may begin.

And so it began, the next 3 hours would be hell.