Chapter 15: The Titanic and the iceberg.

-WRITTEN-: 14th April, 2022.

-PUBLISHED-: 6th May, 2022.

"This is all you've done?" This time Charles was the one mocking us as I nodded slowly. "The information is okay but the model, your ego needs a reality check brother dearest." Charles spoke the truth as I silently teamed up with him against my history partner.

"Well, I'm sorry Charles Matthew Whitewood but this was the best I could do," Jacob told him as I looked at the clock reading 6:30. My parents had gone to the supermarket and imagine their surprise when they met a 16-year-old and an adorable 9-year-old with their 16-year-old daughter in their own house.

Obviously my dad was kinda weird about it but he accepted Charles like his own whereas with Jacob it was just plain old over-protectiveness. "The Titanic has many theories and unexplored stories but many believe that on the date of 15th April 1912, which is when it sank, the ship had some difficulties. It was said to have been already damaged on one side and that a few equipment such as life boats and binoculars weren't in the ship causing the escape of many to be disturbed. It is said that in the stormy weather the ship was not able to see the iceberg due to the absence of binoculars, the reason the ship had set its sail and still had decided to go ahead with its voyage, even after its damage, was because of money."

"Okay, I like that information but the model should be a direct showcase or a play of what happened during that fatal accident that caused the rather huge Titanic to sink." The front door of my house unlocked as my mum greeted us when she entered.

I smiled at her and got up to help her with the groceries but Jacob bet me to it. I rolled my eyes playfully at his attempt to get good marks in my dad's book. "Hello Mrs. Prince," Charles greeted my mum as I internally cooed at his cuteness and manners.

"Hi mama Am and pops, Eve hello to you too." Kenzie and Diego walked through the doors as Dad closed it behind him and locked it. "Hey guys," I smiled at my siblings as Jacob sent me a look. I chuckled at him and went to help him put the groceries away.

"Hello Mr. Prince," Both Whitewood brothers said at the same time as Jacob threw Charles a look, "Hi," My Dad replied as he watched Jacob and I. I nudged Jacob's shoulder with mine. He looked at me as I looked at Charles and back at him. 'Oh,' He mouthed and nodded as I finished putting the groceries away in their rightful places.

"So what were you kids doing?" My mum asked us as Diego examined our model. "Looks pretty good Eve," I chuckled. "We were working on our history project and D, I didn't make the model Jacob did." Diego paused for a second registering my words.

"I take it back, it looks alright. It's not really life sized." Jacob scowled at my best friend as Charles hit him. "Be nice," Diego snorted. "Sit, good doggie." He said as Jacob got up and almost lunged at the boy but didn't because my dad walked inside looking at the scene.

"And so the Titanic hit the iceberg and sank." Kenzie said dramatically and then looked at Charles and smiled. "Hi, I'm Kenzie Martin and this idiot is my brother Diego." Charles hugged Kenzie causing her to smile wider like a Cheshire cat.

"I promise to protect you little munchkin," She said as Charles frowned at the nickname. "And keep you away from that hideous monster." Diego scoffed at her antics before playing along and pretending to attack the duo.

"Argh not the tickles, my biggest weakness." Diego whined as he got attacked by tickles. "Okay now you three be good and let Jacob and Evelyn do their work." As soon as those words were spoken by my Dad the three stood up and saluted my Dad. "Sir, yes sir." Diego and Charles said as my Dad nodded in approval and chuckled.

My parents left the living room and headed upstairs as the 5 of us looked at each other and chuckled. "Can we continue our work?" I asked them as they all nodded. "When is this due?" Kenzie asked. "Don't know, Mr. Adams never told us." Charles gasped.

"Mr. Adams, he's my teacher's husband." I laughed as Diego let out a whistle. "Little Whitewood, you certainly are something else."

===================================================

It was 9-o-clock and our project was almost done. All the information had been done and presented through a video as Kenzie offered to help us with our model but we had declined. We were now watching Percy Jackson and the sea of monsters criticizing almost everything that had so far happened in the film.

"Percy Jackson or Clarisse La Rue?" I asked Diego as he pretended to stroke his invisible beard. "Perry Johnson," He gave me a idiotic grin as I playful punched him. We sat in order of age, Diego, Jacob, Me, Kenzie and Charles, but that soon changed as I was squashed between Jacob and Kenzie with Charles in between Kenzie and I.

"It's Percy Jackson, Mr. D" I imagined Diego as the camp director of Camp Half-Blood forbidden from drinking alcohol on camp grounds and a moody God with almost black curly hair.

"Evelyn, there's left-over pizza for you to have after school tomorrow." I grinned and shouted thanks back to my mum. "I get pizza privileges." I rubbed it in my siblings faces as Jacob chuckled at my behavior.

"I think that Nico is under-appreciated and deserves more love and attention." Charles muttered as he lay his head on my side and cuddled against me. I moved closer to Jacob as Kenzie made more space for the youngest Whitewood to rest.

His arm was in a cast and had a sling across his neck. I thought about the 13-year-old boy who had glared at this precious 9-year-old. "Do you know what happened to the 13-year-old boy involved?" I asked Jacob as he nodded. "I got the teachers to suspend him and the boys who broke Charles's arm got expelled." I blinked rapidly and then gave Jacob a side hug. "You're a great brother and Le is lucky to have you." I told him as Diego threw me a hoodie.

It was the matching ones the three of us had gotten together after Kenzie had offered that we get one matching one. "Bed calling..... Answer or decline." It was a black hoodie. I slipped it one and hugged the hoodie trying to get warm.

"I think we should get going." Jacob said as he watched Charles who fell asleep. "Okay, leave the project here and just focus on getting home." I told him as Diego paused the movie. "We should get home too." Kenzie said as Diego smirked at me. "Sleep over?" He asked as Kenzie shrugged. "Maybe next time, Alisha's waiting for me." I smirked as Diego and I remembered our wedding plans for the couple.

We got up as Jacob carried Charles and gave me the keys. I unlocked the front door and walked towards the car unlocking it and waited for Jacob to seat Charles inside.

"Bye Titanic," I called out to Jacob.

"Bye Iceberg," He said and added a wink at the end.