Chapter 17: Breaking fights and annoying cousins.

-WRITTEN-:  4th May, 2022.

-PUBLISHED-: 6th May, 2022.

"Thank you, Evelyn and Jacob." Mr. Adams said as we had presented our work. Jacob had barely spoken, only adding bits and pieces to the conversation before quieting down. "I know I had said that this was to be graded on a practical level, but I believe when given the chance it's better to take this as a practice for the Design Thinking Challenge," The class sighed in relief as Jacob nodded and we took our seats.

We had barely spoken to each other after the incident with his parents but after staying over the night at my house Jacob seemed a little bit more relaxed. My Dad had allowed Jacob and Charles to use the guest bedroom downstairs and made sure to make them stay for breakfast as well before giving Jacob his number for emergency contact purposes.

The bell rang as everyone started packing their belongings and heading out. Jacob glanced my way before getting up and leaving. "Evelyn," Mr. Adams paused and smiled at me. "I'm glad that Jacob has you by his side." I smiled at his words before saying goodbye and heading out.

"Wise girl!" I turned around at the sound of my nickname. "Seaweed brain," It was Robby, he was a son of Poseidon as well; practically my half-brother because of our Greek Godly parent but I was called wise girl because of my great advice according to Robby.

"Hey," We hugged each other as he told me how he left school learning because the teachers decided to have a meeting about school and its system. "How are you?" I asked him as students poured out of classes and started making their way to the cafeteria to buy lunch. Some students pushed past us and others spared us one glance and then continued what they were doing.

"I'm good, doing better. . . I– this Wednesday afternoon the funeral of Aunt Rue will be held and uh we–" "Yes, we'll go together and say a final goodbye." I interrupted him as he nodded thankfully at me. "Gone doesn't mean forgotten." He said as I nodded at his words.

"So uh lunch?" I asked him as he beamed.

"Music to my ears, my lady." We shared a laugh and made our way to the cafeteria tables towards our group of friends.

===============================================

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!! . . . ." Boys chanted as a grunt was heard and a voice was speaking. "You won't as dare look at her again." I heard the familiar voice of a certain grey-eyed boy. I heard the sound of a punch which was followed by another grunt.

I pushed through the crowd with an anxious Jacob by my side as I saw the sight of Kaleb with ruffled hair and a busted lip with a black eye. "Evelyn," He whispered my name and stumbled towards me. "She came to me and man, was she the best piece of body I had," The guy tried to move towards me as Jacob stood in front of me. "Don't even think about it," His tone was laced with venom.

The guy pushed Jacob against me as Jacob pushed him back and caught a punch thrown by the guy. "You're in deep trouble," Jacob punched him quickly three times; in the stomach, nose and the face. The guy mocked surrendered as the teachers broke through the crowd and blew the whistle.

"Hey, knock it off. . . bloods have been spilled.. ENOUGH!" A gym teacher said as he dragged the guy away and another turned his attention to the three of us. Kaleb and Jacob stood straighter by my side as the teacher shook his head before motioning us to follow him.

We followed him as the crowd threw us looks of curiosity and questioning as to what happened and what would happen next. We walked down the hallway as Robby sent me a look before having a silent conversation with Jacob and Kaleb.