Chapter 5: ''. . . . , just to see how pros do it.''

-WRITTEN-: November 5th, 2021

-PUBLISHED-: November 19th, 2021.

I whined as I heard my mum shout telling me to wake up. ''Evelyn! Wake up, it's Friday.'' She said and added. ''You know what that means.'' chuckling at her words I got up sleepily. Making my way to the bathroom I bumped into something ''Sorry.'' I think it was a wall nonetheless I opened the door and made my way towards the sink.

Switching the tap on I grabbed my brush and washed it, I applied the toothpaste and put the brush in my mouth. Brushing my teeth I decided on what to wear. 'Camp half-blood shirt paired with black jeans and a cropped hooded puffer jacket. Jewelry? My favorite rings and a necklace.'' I spat the toothpaste out and brushed my tongue, quickly I washed my mouth a couple of times and then washed my brush.

Placing my brush in its holder I quickly walked back into my room. Opening and closing drawers I took out my clothes and closed my curtains, I took my undergarments with me and locked the bathroom door.

Hanging them on the towel rail I moved my towel and hung it against the shower, quickly striping from my clothes I turned the shower on and stepped inside. I decided I'd also wash my hair.

Squeezing my shampoo out I started washing my roots and scrubbing it, I grabbed my hair wash comb and brushed it through my hair making sure to wash my hair properly. I stood in the shower washing my hair with shampoo for 5 minutes and then moved on to the conditioner; I put it on my hand and rubbed them together spreading the substance on my hands and then using my hands to comb them through my hair. I moved my head into the water and washed my ponytail with my fingers.

Spending the next 5 minutes I washed my body with soap and then just stood in the shower because it's hot water we're talking about here. I looked at the time it read 9:00 am, perfect I have an hour until school. Usually on Fridays school starts at 10:00 but it's open at 9:30 seeing as our classes start at 10.

Stepping out of the shower, I dried myself with my towel and then used a small towel to wrap around my hair tightly. I quickly wore my undergarments and then walked into my room. I was grateful my curtains didn't show anything when closed. I wore my jeans and slipped on my camp half-blood t-shirt. I quickly clasped my beaded CHB necklace with a happy smile on my face.

Opening my drawer I picked out my black socks and wore them. I checked the time on my phone and it read 9:18, I quickly washed my hands and applied my cream and powder; baby powder no makeup, please.

I thought about what to do with my hair and I decided on leaving it out because it was still wet. I took the hair towel off my hair and tidied my bathroom, I grabbed all my dirty clothes and walked downstairs.

''You look nice Eve,'' I raised my eyebrow at my mum but said nothing as I put my clothes in the laundry basket. I walked back into the kitchen and washed my hands, I took out the butter and jam and two knives, butter knives to use. I placed them on the dining table as my mum placed two pieces of toast on my plate.

''Thanks, ma.'' She smiled and grabbed my bag, placing it on my left.

''Hon, Diego messaged you.'' I frowned. ''I didn't read it,'' Mum said, reassuring me as I smiled at her and then shrugged. ''It's okay ma, I won't mind besides there's nothing to hide from you or Pa,'' I told her as I nibbled on my 1st piece of toast, I sighed as I heard a honk and smiled.

''Diego's here,'' Mum said as Dad rushed downstairs. I got up and placed my plate in the sink and was about to wash it. ''Leave it hon and go,'' Mum said and I quickly washed my hands and gave both my parents a hug. Handing over my phone and bag my mum gave me a quick peck on the forehead.

Rushing out a goodbye I walked to Mr. Martin's car and got inside. ''Thanks, Mr. Martin,'' I said as he nodded. ''No problem sweetheart,'' I smiled at his words as we made our way to school.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We walked towards our P.E class, Kenzie and I had changed into our P.E gear as Diego and Nevaeh had outdoor experiences together, yeah I know pairing a child with Nevaeh was horrible for her. I sighed as the teacher made us run laps, horrible torture. 

''One more lap people,'' The teacher said as I huffed.

''Alright and that's it,'' The teacher paused and waited for us to walk back to her, we stood in a circle around her.

''We'll be practicing some netball and basketball shots today as our school teams have a competition where selected students can play against other teams.'' I sighed annoyed that I was horrible at both sports.

''I've pulled out some students from both teams to help you out with your skills so get to it.'' Miss. Chalamet said as we split up, some started practicing in the gym space while Kenzie grabbed a basketball and I grabbed a netball.

''Courts?'' She asked.

''Courts,'' I confirmed. We walked into the courts just as Sebastian walked in. ''Hey, let's see your skills, ladies.'' I ignored the nervous butterflies fluttering in my stomach as I aimed at the hoop. My eyes trailed around the hoop as I threw the ball. We watched as it rebounded and Sebastian let out a low whistle. ''Almost Eve,'' I threw a couple of shots only having one successful shot as I switched spots with Kenzie.

I stood on the sidelines watching Kenzie make small talk with Sebastian. Looking around I watched as two figures ran towards the courts. Jace and Kaleb both were racing each other as a group of girls followed behind one standing out, a blonde-haired girl; Madison. I watched as she sent a smile my way and then went back to talking to her friends.

Kaleb and Jace made their way past Sebastian as Kenzie walked my way with a smirk on her face, ''Look who can't keep away.'' She spoke loudly as I rolled my eyes and sent a glare her way. Both boys started throwing shots while giving us tips and showing us some shot techniques. I sat down on the ground as Jace and Kenzie switched places.

Sitting down next to me we both watched Kenzie and Kaleb, huh the double K's. ''So camp half-blood?'' He asked as I gave him a confused look.

''Your beaded necklace.'' He pointed out as I realized what he was talking about. ''Yeah,''

''Let me guess daughter of Athena.'' He smirked at me as I opened my mouth to say something but Kaleb called my name.

I jogged up to him not before saying. ''Oh, daughter of Poseidon.'' And with that, I got the great pleasure of seeing his smirk fall flat on the ground.

''Alright let's see what you got.'' As Kaleb threw the ball at me. Catching it I aimed at the net, no surprise as it rebounded against the board and flew above Kaleb's head rebounding against the ground and into my 'ready to catch' hands. He chuckled and moved behind me, I shifted slightly to put distance between us and threw the ball towards him as he gave me a questioning look.

''I wanna see you do it, just to see how pros do it.'' He chuckled at my words as he threw the ball gracefully. I watched as it passed through the hoop and pouted. ''Maybe I just suck.''

''No, look just uh aim for the hoop.'' He said as he gave me the basketball and hesitated to fix my hand position. ''May I??'' He asked as I nodded. He paused as I gave him a look. ''Verbal language just to know your comfortable.'' I smiled at his words.

''Yes, yes Kaleb I'm perfectly comfortable with this.'' He gave me a happy smile and then moved his hand on my right arm before slightly but softly bending it. ''Push with your right arm but throw with your left.'' I frowned.

''Don't overthink it.'' He said as I threw the ball in, the ball traced the outer of the hoop before going in. I did a little victory dance before realizing Kaleb was still present. Turning around I gave him a small smile. I ran to get the ball as I heard footsteps behind me. I grabbed the ball and turned around only to come face to face with a tense Jacob. ''We need to talk.'' And those words I dropped the ball and followed him ignoring the looks I got from the remaining three teens on the courts.