You'd gone back to get him it and all he'd done was shout at you and make you leave.

He went to close the box but saw something silver at the bottom. He pulled out a black ring that matched a ring he saw you wearing recently. It was a couples ring. He groaned in frustration as he fell back onto the bed.

"What happened Eddie?" Wayne asked from the doorway and Eddie looked over at him.

"She came over with birthday gifts"

"Oh"

"She didn't even want to celebrate it because she knows I don't like my birthday but she wanted to try and make it a bit better and all I did was shout at her and be a dick"

"Go get her," Wayne said and left the room.

Eddie had been saying he wanted to buy you a ring to match his and had been obsessing over you both having rings that matched and you'd brought him one.

He slipped the ring and necklace on and felt even worse because of how much he loved them. He quickly got dressed, even throwing on his black button-up shirt he knew you loved and leaving a couple of buttons undone before hoping in his van and driving to your house.

Your car sat on the driveway and was the only one there. Your mum had already left for work.

He got out of his van and made his way over to the door and knocked. He looked down at the ground as the door opened and you stood there.

"What do you want?" You asked, looking anywhere but at him. He looked so good and it was driving you insane.

"I am so sorry princess. I know you only wanted to try and make my birthday better and I shouldn't have shouted at you"

"It's fine. I'll just take what I got you back and I won't ever do anything again for it. I'll act like it doesn't exist" you said as you held out your hand and he sighed.

He took a hold of your hand in both his hands before lowering himself to his knees in front of you.

"We can celebrate my birthday. Only me and you. Nobody else. I wasn't expecting you to do anything for it, let alone find it out. I should never have spoken to you like that and I hope you can forgive me" he said, looking down.

You sighed before lowering yourself to your knees and tilting his head up to look at you.

"I forgive you. I shouldn't have pushed you like that. You said you didn't want to do anything with your birthday and I ignored you. I'm sorry" you said and he shook his head.

"I'm glad you did. I haven't done anything with my birthday for years and opening the things you got me made me realise I only want to do my birthday with you. Plus I love the necklace and ring you got me" he said as he cupped your cheek with one of his hands.

"I don't want to pressure you"

"You aren't pressuring me. You're my angel. My princess. There's a lot of things I only want to do with you and my birthday is one of them" he said as his thumb rubbed against your cheek.

"We are technically married now," you said and he laughed shaking his head.

You held out your hand to show him the black ring on your finger. He held out his hand and showed you his black ring.

"One day I will marry you"

"I wouldn't have it any other way," you said as you kissed his cheek gently.

"I am enjoying this shirt of yours," you said as you pressed kisses to his jaw.

"Please don't make me beg," he said quietly as you pressed deeper kisses on his jaw.

"It's your fault for wearing that shirt," you said as you stood up and held out your hand. He took a hold of it and pulled himself up. You pulled him into the house and pressed him against the door.

"But I think that shirt would look better on my floor," you said in his ear and his hands gripped your sides tightly.

"Feel free to take it off"

"Oh, I am going to," you said as you pulled him towards your bedroom.