JOSEPH QUINN

You sat on the sofa just scrolling through TikTok when Joseph came shuffling out of the bedroom and looked at you sleepily.

"Why'd you leave?" He asked sadly as he rubbed his eye and grabbed the fluffy blanket you had at the end of the bed.

"I needed a wee and then you looked so peaceful I didn't want to disturb you," you said as he shuffled over to you.

"I want cuddles," he said looking down at you.

"You can have cuddles baby," you said as you opened your arms and he grinned. He sat on the sofa next to you and wrapped his arms around your waist as he pulled you closer to him.

As you played with the hair on the back of his neck he snuggled into your neck, his arms tightening around your waist.

"I'm tired," he said quietly.

"You can go back to sleep darling"

"But you aren't in there"

"You can always go to sleep out here with me" you offered.

"Can I sleep in your lap?"

"Of course, you can, if that's what you want"

He pulled away from the hug and kissed your forehead before kissing you. He flopped on the sofa and laid down between your legs, covering himself with the blanket. He snuggled into your lap, wrapping his arms around one of your legs before sighing loudly.

"You happy?" You asked, putting your phone down and playing with his curly hair.

"Very much so. I just want to be close to you" he said, following his eyes. He had a small smile on his face and hummed with contentment.

After a while, you heard tiny snores from him. You smiled at him gently before picking your phone back up and resuming TikTok, one hand still playing with his curly hair.