EDDIE MUNSON

"EDDIE! DUSTIN!" You shouted as you ran through the upside-down frantically looking for them both. You'd seen them both go inside the caravan but lost track of them.

"HENDERSON! MUNSON!"

"EDDIE!" Dustin shouted and you whipped round to see Dustin running towards what looked like a tornado of bats.

"Dustin!" you shouted as you ran the same way as him.

As you got closer your heart stopped. Dustin sat there holding Eddie in tears.

"I didn't run away this time, did I?" Eddie said as you sat on the other side of him.

"Eds what happened? You asked, grabbing hold of one of his hands. He turned to look at you, a sad smile on his face and tears slowly falling.

"You're safe now. You both are" he said, your hand softly stroking one of his cheeks.

"We need to get you to a hospital," Dustin said and you nodded and began to try and move Eddie but he stopped you.

"I love you both," he said looking at Dustin before turning to you.

"I love you so much my love," he said and you started crying even more, "don't cry. I know you're safe and that's what is important" you smiled at him before pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"You've got to take care of the sheep," he said to Dustin who was crying even more than you.

For a while you and Dustin sat in pure silence, not knowing or wanting to say anything. You slowly removed Eddie's rings as you sobbed. You removed his necklace, holding it in your hands before taking a deep breath and giving it to Dustin. He looked at you shocked as he carefully took it from you.

You placed a final kiss on Eddie's forehead before you stood up and offered Dustin a hand. He took a hold of your hand as you helped pull him up before pulling him into a hug.

"You've still got me Dusty. I'm always going to be here for you" you said sadly as you held him tightly, gently stroking his head as he cried, arms wrapped around you.

"I don't know what to do," he said quietly between sniffles.

"We will work it out together. We've got to stick together and we'll be okay" you said and he nodded.

You both walked back to Hawkins, hand-in-hand, Eddie's guitar over your shoulder and no words being exchanged. You'd both lost an amazing person and didn't know how to comprehend anything. All you knew was Dustin was going to need you now more than ever and you needed him just as much.