✎ ᴄʜ 42 : 𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚍?

Taehyung's phone buzzed on the table. He placed down the book he was reading and glanced at the screen. He frowned when he saw Namjoon's name flash across the screen.

Something wasn't right.

Hadn't Jimin reached there already? It had been hours since he left. Taehyung picked up the call as he felt anxiety tug his insides.

"Hello?"

"Taehyung? Are you alright? What happened to you? Why'd you leave so suddenly?" came Namjoon's voice.

"Why were you behaving so weird? If you're mad at us about the date then–" Taehyung heard Seokjin say.

"Wait, what? Uh, what do you mean?" Taehyung asked, cautiously.

"What do we mean? First, you chase away your date quite literally and then, we talk about you moving on from Jimin and you just tune out and–"

Taehyung didn't hear the rest. His breathing grew shallow.

Jimin knows.

Fuck, Jimin knows.

He'd been so careful. He'd concealed it so well and now, Jimin knew.

Jimin was going to hate him.

Fuck, he was going to hate him.

He–

"Taehyung? Taehyung! You're worrying us. Are you there?"

Unable to say a word, Taehyung disconnected the call. He sat on the couch and buried his face in his hands, begging himself to calm down.

The door slammed shut and Taehyung looked up in time to see Jimin enter the room. His eyes were bloodshot and he grabbed a pillow from the couch before he begun to rain down blows on the unsuspecting younger.

"Jimin–"

"You fucking asshole! You– God, I just wanna kill you so bad right now," Jimin growled.

"I know! I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I tried so hard. I wasn't– I didn't mean to fall for you I swear. I know you're dating Jungkook. I know you and Jungkook are happy together. I didn't mean to fall for both of you. This is fucked up. I am fucked up, I know. I'm sorry. I-I'm sorry," Taehyung choked out and Jimin paused.

He threw the pillow aside and mumbled something that sounded like "this fucking idiot."

"Taehyung–"

"I'll leave. I promise, I'll walk away. As soon as we swap bodies, I'll leave."

"Tae–"

"I never meant to hurt you. Or Jungkook. I never meant to fall for both of you. I'm so–"

Jimin tugged him by his collar and pressed his lips against Taehyung's. The younger's eyes went wide and Jimin parted their kiss.

"Did you just–"

"You idiot! You aren't a fuck up. You should have come to me. You should have said something because guess what? I have feelings for you. More than a friend should. I love you, Tae. I have for heaven knows how long. I was afraid you'd be disgusted. I was afraid of rejection. You are an asshole! I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay," Jimin cried.

"What?" Taehyung asked as he stared at Jimin with wide, disbelieving eyes. The older's tear-filled eyes met his and he slowly closed up the distance between them.

"I'm in love with you," Jimin whispered.

His arms wrapped themselves lightly around the taller's neck and he tilted his head slightly to the side as he pressed his plump pink lips against Taehyung's. The other's eyes went slightly wide before they drooped close, lost in the softness of the kiss. He was kissing Jimin.

Their tongues collided with one another's, fingers wrapped in each other's hair. Slowly, they broke the kiss, hands still wrapped around each other. The sound of their heavy breaths was the only thing that could be heard in the room.

That was till they sensed another's presence in the room. Their heads whipped to the side and sure enough, there by the doorway stood a doe-eyed man. Tears brimmed in his eyes and the only emotion that flashed in them was betrayal.

- 13 July, 2022 -