✎ ᴄʜ 36 : 𝚂𝚞𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜

Jungkook slumped in his seat. He wasn't stupid. He knew something was off in the way Jimin always shifted his gaze to Taehyung after kissing him.

He felt a pang of guilt stab him.

Was it because he'd confessed he had feelings for Taehyung the exact same way he felt for Jimin?

Was the older feeling insecure?

Or was there something else behind those guilty looks he gave Taehyung when he thought Jungkook wasn't looking? Or the way he seemed to think twice before they kissed or shared an intimate moment?

Was Jimin rethinking his life decisions? Did Jimin regret their relationship?

He groaned as his head began to throb, overloaded with too many unanswered questions.

A click of the door signified that one of the two idiots, who called themselves soulmates, were home...

"I really expected this to work," Jimin spoke in a dejected tone as he entered and Taehyung followed close behind.

...or perhaps both idiots were back.

"Jimin," Jungkook called out.

"Yes?" Both chorused before Jimin bit his lip.

Crap!

He needed to be more careful. Jimin admonished himself as Jungkook raised a brow at him.

Taehyung cleared his throat and moved towards Jungkook before he wrapped his arms around the younger.

"I missed you, baby."

"I missed you so much more," Jungkook whined with a pout before he leaned forward to capture Taehyung's lips.

Jimin smiled softly at the two. He would be lying if he said he didn't miss the feeling of Jungkook's lips on his or those special hugs full of warmth and love.

Taehyung saw the look in Jimin's eyes and felt as though a needle pricked his heart. He didn't want to hurt Jimin but he still did. He couldn't push Jungkook away either since it would hurt him.

What was he supposed to do?

Jimin flashed him a comforting smile to try and assure Taehyung it was fine when he saw the conflicted look on the younger's face.

Unknown to the two, Jungkook saw it too. The way they exchanged glances. It was the conflicted look on his boyfriend's face that made him anxious. He was sure that they were hiding something from him.

Did Taehyung know that Jungkook had feelings for him?

Was he disgusted?

Had they discussed about it behind his back?

He felt the need for assurance and tugged at Taehyung's sleeve. He needed to ground himself. He needed his boyfriend's love to push away his negative thoughts.

"Let me make love to you," he murmured against the older's lips.

Taehyung abruptly parted the kiss and caressed Jungkook's cheek.

"I'm a little tired with all the work I did today. Hoseok really killed my muscles. Maybe some other time?"

Jungkook felt his heart drop and his Insecurities surfaced. He tried to assure himself that the older was truly tired and gave him a small nod.

Taehyung smiled and pressed his lips against Jungkook's before he disappeared up the stairs.

Jungkook stood rooted to the spot as he watched Taehyung retreat. He really tried to douse the fire his thoughts created but his Insecurities only fueled it further.

He felt lost.

What was he to do now?

- 12 July, 2022 -