✎ ᴄʜ 30 : 𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎

Jimin drizzled chocolate syrup onto his pancakes and diced a couple of strawberries. His eyes fell on Taehyung and Jungkook, who were seated at the table. He felt a wave of guilt wash over him for lying to Taehyung.

The previous night had been a real wild one and the two of them didn't remember a single detail of it with how wasted they were.

Jimin sighed inwardly. He couldn't lie to Taehyung but he couldn't bring himself to tell him the truth of what happened the previous night, too afraid to see the disgust in his eyes.

The eyes of the man he loved as much as he loved Jungkook.

If anything, his guilt only increased as his eyes fell on Jungkook, who laughed heartily at something Taehyung said. He felt guilty for loving another as much as he loved Jungkook, guilty that he craved another's attention as much as he craved Jungkook's. He felt guilty that he craved Taehyung's touch as much as he craved Jungkook's.

Taehyung, who saw him as nothing but a friend, was the one he fell for.

He said nothing. Never confessed it. Kept it concealed.

He couldn't do it. Couldn't hurt them.

"J-Taehyung! Come back to Earth!" Taehyung shouted which snapped the older out of his thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Where were you?"

"Just thinking about work," Jimin chuckled but Taehyung raised a brow, obviously not buying it, "Anyways what were you saying?"

"I've got to head out. Hoseok pinged me."

"Isn't it a bit too early though?"

"The maze," Taehyung mumbled under his breath and Jimin's eyes widened as realisation dawned on him.

"Alright."

Jungkook tugged Taehyung close and pecked his lips.

"Take care," he whispered.

Jimin found himself smiling as Taehyung ruffled Jungkook's hair and exited.

"Anything else you want with your pancakes?" Jimin asked.

"Nah, I'm good. Join me at the table."

Jimin grabbed his plate from the counter and fished out a fork from the cabinets. He moved towards Jungkook, but as he did, his side crashed against the island and he gave a pained cry.

Immediately, Jungkook shot up from his seat and took the older's plate from him. He set it on the table and delicately held Jimin's waist.

"Taehyungie, be careful. What's got you behaving all clumsy?" Jungkook chided but there was an edge of fondness in his voice.

Jimin froze and looked up to meet Jungkook's eyes. His heart thumped wildly against his chest.

That look that Jungkook gave him was the one he'd reserved only for Jimin. One that held so much love and warmth in them that didn't go unnoticed by the older.

Jimin saw the same look in his eyes right then, directed towards who Jungkook thought was Taehyung.

"I'm okay," Jimin whispered.

"I hope so," Jungkook said, concern evident in his voice as his thumb rubbed soothing circles onto his waist.

Jimin smiled, "I'm fine, don't worry. Let's have breakfast together."

- 8 July, 2022 -