Chapter 3: Apologies

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I'm sorry. I should have said something. You're right. I do feel at fault. I made you bring the cupcakes. If I would have just remembered, none of this ever would happen. I'm so mad at myself." You pull her into a hug.

"It's alright, some things are out of our control that happen. That's part of life. I'm here. I'm safe." Your wisdom breaks through the fog of despair allowing her to bawl her eyes out as you easily forgive her. Your words hold an authentic relationship with fear. A piece of you that tends to take over your life and it's all connected to your past. Here, you have a chance to start fresh like a newborn pup. It's exactly the time for you to blossom as you always wanted rather than making it difficult to protect yourself from something that probably isn't going to happen anytime soon. Lin steps away to fix herself. "Better?" You asked.

"Better. I'm glad we got that off our chests." You nod in agreement.

"I know we have to open the shop, but I was hoping you'd allow me to visit a friend? I have to apologize to someone else." Lin is surprised by your resolve to continue making amends.

"Sure thing. Take your time. Just be back before rush hour please." 

"Of course, boss." You saluted before departing.
______________________________________

The next person to reconcile is more than one. You nervously stand in the middle of Pigsy's ramen shop challenged with more than one pair of eyes as an audience to face. Luckily, a long walk to the shop allowed you to regain emotional energy and formulate what you plan on saying. "Hello? Is anyone here?" You hear a couple of voices arguing in the back room. You weren't sure if you should disrupt them. It's clear by the pig's barking that he was scolding MK for mishandling the deliveries. You fiddle with your fingers staring down at your feet like a shy weeb when a hand squeezes your shoulder. You jump at the touch and notice Tang passing flashing you a welcoming smile as he takes his seat. 

"Morning, (Y/n). I wasn't expecting to see you here." He started. "Is everything ok?" Out of all the people, Tang is the easiest to connect with. The aura around him is always covered in vibrant, gold color. The color of warmth from an easygoing, kind man. It's one of the ways you can tell who to trust.

Just then, you hear Pigsy cry out, "who are you talking to?" Tang smirks as a clever idea comes to mind.

"I'm talking to a valued customer." He jested. Pigsy dashes into the kitchen dragging MK with him to meet his so-called "valued customer".

"Sorry for the wait, ma'am. What can I do for you?" He pauses finding only you standing in the center of the room. "(Y/n)! What a wonderful surprise. Have a seat. Didja come here to grub?" Again, you barely make a syllable when the eccentric brunette chimes in.

"Miss, (Y/n)! I'm so glad you're here. Papa Pigsy was yelling at me." MK uses his large puppy dog eyes as he clings to your shirt in hopes to gain your favor. You pat the man on his head meekly.

"You were slacking off in the back room! Your little nap caused the deliveries to spoil. How else am I supposed to react?" Pigsy huffed. His irritation grows the more he's reminded.

Your giggle breaks the chaotic tension. "I'm sorry you're being yelled at MK, but you have a responsibility as Pigsy's only delivery boy. He relies on you, his honorary right-hand man." MK's eyes shine like diamonds to be regarded in such a way.

"If that's the case I shall put effort into my work from now on. You have my word Pigsy." He poses with a burning ambition in his eyes. Fire shoots up into the background like some sort of cartoon show. "Except on breaks." Pigsy rolls his eyes and the background reverts to the shop.

"Don't feed him garbage please." He beckoned you. "Again, what brings ya by?" Finally, it's your time to shine but you much rather procrastinate seeing as there are far too many people. It was like standing in front of the class ready to give your presentation.