22

"You've been fraternizing with the enemy." Ron spat at me. 

"Walking with someone isn't 'fraternizing'." I said, as I tried to push past them too go to my room.

They both stood strong, like a brick wall.  

"It is if it's with Mr Malfoy." Hermione hissed at me. 

"Oh, she speaks!" I yelled in her face. 

"You lied!" She yelled back at me. 

"About what?!"

"Malfoy!"

She quickly flicked her wand in the air, our room door kicked open. 
The drawer on my nightstand opened up, and all the notes from Draco floated up and into the air. 

"You went through my stuff!" My voiced ripped through the air. 

"You left me no choice." Hermione crossed her arms over her chest, as a satisfied look grew on her face.  

"If I weren't a better person, I would have smacked that fucking smile off of your face." I spat at Hermione as I turned around, and walked out of the Gryffindor commodore.  

I walked quickly down the hallway, as an arm grabbed mine. 

"You must be hungry." Cedrick chuckled. 

I turned at face him, as I yanked my arm free. 

"She knows." I said with a blank stair. 

"How?" Cedricks mood quickly changed to serious.  

"She went through my shit, and found the notes." I said quietly too him, as we walked quickly. 

"Don't worry about her, you've got me.  I've got your back no matter what." Cedrick reassured me, as he put his arm around my shoulders. 

"I've gotta tell Draco." I whispered to Cedrick. 

...

"This is a weird place to meet." Draco said quietly, as he sat down next to me. 
It was dusk, as we sat at the window on a set of stairs. 

"Yeah, well it's important.." I trailed off, as I looked outside. 

"I got here as quickly as I could." Draco whispered too me. 

I swallowed hard. 

"Hermione and Ron know, they went through my things and found the notes." I choked out. 

Draco's eyes widened. 

"Why didn't you throw them away!" Dracos voice got louder with every word he spoke. 

"Shhh," I hushed him, "I don't know, I guess I wanted to keep them."

"Look where that got us now." Draco angrily said, as he ran his hands through his hair. 

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Its over." Draco looked at the ground as he spoke, then looked up at me. 

"It doesn't have to be." I begged, my voice began to shake and crack. 

"We both knew that this was going to happen, it was only a matter of time.   It was fun while it lasted.  We knew that it would never work out." Draco spoke softly as he stood up.  

The skin around his eyes began turning a light pink. 

"So this is it?" I asked him, as i stood up in front of him. 

Draco placed his hand on the side of my face.  

He rested his forehead against mine. 

A hot tear fell down my cheek. 

"It is." Draco swallowed hard as he breathed heavily. 

He closed his eyes for a moment, as we sat there in silence. 

Draco's hand dropped from my face, before he turned around walking away into the darkness. 

"Damn it!" I yelled kicking the wall. 

My voice echoed through the empty hallways. 

That fucking bitch.

I paced the hallways of Hogwarts, as I cried. 

All of that time with Draco was wasted, it was nothing now.  

My heart felt like it was shattered into a million pieces.  

What Draco and I had, you couldn't fake that.  

There was something there, between us. 

We both knew it. 

We both were too scared to admit it.

There was nothing I could do.

Draco, and I crumbled before my very eyes.

...

As the weeks went on, Hermione and Ron tried to talk to me. 

I gave them a cold shoulder. 

I wasn't wasting my breath on them.

The only interaction I had with Draco, was our eyes locking as we passed each other in the hallways.  

Oh what we could have been.

Our times together only existed in memories, that danced behind his eyes. 

They played in my mind every time our eyes met. 

Cedrick continued to stand at my side. 
He talked to me, and spent time with me everyday. 

He was really my only friend left, besides his dad. 

His dad loved me, he was nice to talk to as well. 

The snow quickly melted, and before we knew it.... it was the day of the last section of the tri- wizard tournament.  

"Be safe out there, Cedrick." I hugged him, as we stood in the tent with the rest of the competitors. 

"I will," Cedrick hugged me back.   He took the hat off of his head and placed it on mine,"Its still pretty chilly out there. Keep warm, it might be a long one."

I smiled at Cedrick, as I adjusted his hat that was on my head.  

"Can I talk to you, for a moment?" Harry asked, as he walked up to me. 

"What?" I snarled at him. 

"I had nothing to so with what they did.  I have bigger things to worry about, but they did take something from me one day." Harry spoke in a serious tone. 

"Come on dear, we've got to take our seats dear." Cedricks dad linked arms with me.  

Why was Harry telling me this now?

"Yeah, like what?" I asked him in a low toned voice. 

Harry looked over both of his shoulders, and Cedrick stepped closer to us. 

"I-I can't tell you... exactly." Harry stumbled his words. 

"Then why are you even wasting my time with this?" I scuffed, and rolled my eyes. 

"Because.... I solemnly swear they are up to no good." As the words left Harry's lips, I knew exactly what he was talking about.  

They taken his map to watch me, and Draco. 

"Thanks, Harry." I told him, as Cedricks dad pulled me out of the tent.