5

"You look amazing!" I shrieked, as I zipped up the back of Hermione's dress. 

"Thank you! I feel like a princess!" She exclaimed, as she twirled in her pink dress. 

She really did look beautiful. 

"Have fun with Victor, but not too much fun." I joked with her. 

Hermione rolled her eyes at my comment.  She waved bye and walked out of the door.  

She quickly popped her head back in and said, "a package came for you, Its in the corner. " Before walking away.  

I grabbed the box and pulled it into the middle of our room. 

It didn't say who it was from.

I cut open the box, and opened the cardboard flaps.  
I pulled out an emerald green ball gown dress.  

The dress was sparkling head to toe.  It had off the shoulder short sleeves. 
The note in the box read. 

Don't forget to save me a dance.  Hurry up now, or you'll be late. 

I quickly did some light make-up, and put the dress on.  I shoved the note in my bra.  The dress was gorgeous and looked very expensive. 

I grabbed a pair of Hermione's dress shoes, and ran out the door.  

I ran as fast as I could through the empty hallways, everyone was already at the dance. 

I slipped the shoes on before I entered the room.  
All eyes turned to me as I walked down the stairs.   My cheeks turned pink as I quickly made my way over to Harry and Ron, they were accompanied by the twins. 

"You all look stunning." I smiled at them.  

"I thought you said you weren't coming." Ron crossed his arms as he leaned up against the wall.

"Change of plans.... Where's Hermione?" I asked them.  
They pointed over to one of the tables.  

She was laughing with Victor, her date to the dance, which happened to also be one of the other people participating in the games.  

"Wow!" She gasped, I smiled and twirled for her. 

"Read this.... Also, I borrowed your shoes.   They hurt my feet already." I laughed as I pulled the paper out, and handed it to her.  

"Can't wait to finally see who mystery writer is." She smiled.  

I sat down, and waited.... and waited.  

No sign of mystery boy. 

After a while, I took the shoes off and slipped it under the table.  

They felt like they were too small anyway. 

Victor was kind enough to offer a dance with me, I really think he took pity on me.  
Hermione wanted to sit down for a few minutes anyway. 
Victor spun me in small slow circles. To my surprise, he wasn't a bad dancer.  

"Where did you steel that from, Stewart?" Malfoy spat at me. 
He just seemed to appear next to us, I don't even know where he came from.  
He was dancing with a girl from one of the other school that joined us this year.   She just smiled at me, I don't think she really understood what was going on.  

"Shut up, Malfoy. You're ruining my dance." I spat back at him.  

As Victor spun me around, I kept locking eyes with Malfoy. 
He was dressed in an all black suit, with his green slytherin tie that was draped over his neck. 

I did notice that the first button on his shirt was open.  

I thanked Victor once the song was over.   Hermione went back and began dancing with him again. 
Ron, and Harry plopped down on both sides of me. 

"I can't believe she come here with.... the enemy." Ron scuffed as he leaned back in the chair. 

"Shut up, Ronald!  Don't ruin her good time. If you wanted to go to the dance with her that bad, you should have grew a pair and asked her yourself." I growled at him. 

Ron glared at me.  He quickly kicked the chair back as he got up and left the ball. 

"Glad someone finally said it." Harry whispered too me.  

I danced with Harry for a few songs.   After that, he left the ball and went to bed for the night. 
I watched Hermione dance her heart out.  She looked so happy.  
After the final song played Hermione ran up to me.  

"Ready?" Hermione asked me, she was smiling ear to ear. 

"Yes." I smiled back at her.   She helped me too my feet, and we began our walk back to the Gryffindor hall. 

"So.... No sign of the mystery writter?" She asked me. 

"Nope." I simply said, "I waited for him, but he didn't show."

"I'm sorry." Hermione frowned.

"Shit," I gasped, "your shoes! I'll meet you back at our room."

I turned around, and ran back. 

The ballroom was empty. 

Everyone was gone, besides Malfoy.

He was sitting in the chair that I sat in. 
Malfoy had the shoes resting on his lap.  

"You coming back for these, or did you just want to look at me one last time?" Malfoy smiled as he stood up.   He stepped closer to me as he held the shoes up in the air. 
Malfoy continued to step closer, until he was only inches away from me.  

"Your top button is open." I said looking up at him.  

For a moment, it felt like my feet were glued to the ground.   I couldn't run away even if I wanted too.

"Its broken, The button seemed to.... disappear." Malfoy tucked my hair behind my ear.  

"Maybe you should get that fixed.   Can I have my shoes, please?" I asked him as I pushed his hand away from my face.  

I caught a glimpse of his eyes. 

God, where they captivating.  

"I told you..." Draco trailed off as he looked away. 

"Told me what?" I groaned at him.  I was tired, my body begged for sleep. 

Draco looked back at me, deep into my eyes. 
His blond fluffy hair draped over his forehead.  
He leaned in closer before he spoke.  "I told you... you'd look great in green."

The way he spoke those words, sent lightning bolts through my body. 

"You sent me the dress?" I squinted at him. 

"If I'm correct, you still owe me a dance." Malfoy chuckled. 

"You should have gotten your dance sooner.  There's no music to dance too, Malfoy." I crossed my arms over my chest. 

Malfoy grabbed his wand out from his pocket, and casted a spell onto the piano in the corner. 

The Keys began playing a soft tune.