7

"Amortentia," Hermione stated, "A love potion.  It's rumored to smell different to everyone, based on what attracts them."

I looked up and at Draco, as he looked up at me. 

His words of 'you smell strongly of flowers and mahogany wood', lingered in my mind.  

I wasn't wearing any perfume. 

Is that what I really smelled like?

"Very good," professor spoke, "Now Ms. Stewart, can you give us some examples?"

I cleared my throat before I spoke. 
"For instance, I smell... Wintergreen, and the scent the the earth gives off just after it rains... I smell men's after shave.... and cologne...." I trailed off.  I shook my head trying to make aroma leave my nostrils. 

I looked back up at Draco, and for once, he wasn't looking at me.  He was looking directly at the ground.  

Like a little kid, when they embarrass themselves. 

"Well, very well." Professor went on and lectured.   I couldn't pay attention. 
I didn't hear the words coming out of his mouth. 

All I could think about was Draco.

I watched as his chest rose, and fell with every breath he took.  
His eyes scanned the floor.
Draco had his jaw clenched. 

What was going on in that head of his?

The bell rung, signaling us to move to our next class. 
I pulled my books against my chest as I walked through the busy hallway.  

"Still no sign of messenger boy?" Hermione asked me. 

"Nope, still don't know." I laughed. 

Draco appeared next to us.  

He walked with long striding steps, and stood tall and proud.  
I looked at Hermione, and she looked at me. 
He didn't say anything, he just walked. 

Draco stepped in front of us, grabbing the door and holding it open. 

He looked away from Hermione as she walked into the class. 

Draco glanced at me for a second as I entered the class room.  Draco followed behind me. 

For the charms class, we has a quiz.
As soon as everyone took their seats, we began. 

As I scribbled down my answers, a paper crane landed on my desk. 
I quickly pulled it to my lap, and opened the paper. 

Draco sat three chairs too the right of me. 

I looked over at him. 

He gave me a simple, small wave with the tips of his fingers, before returning back to his test.  

Draco didn't even look up from his quiz.

Slytherin stairs after class - Mr Malfoy
Draco was smiling at his paper.  I quickly folded the paper, and tucked it in my thigh high socks.  I pulled my skirt over my lap. 

My heart raced as I quickly finished my test. 
I walked to the front of the room, and handed my test in.
As I walked to the back of the class to leave, I took the route past Draco's desk.  

As I walked past his desk, I slowed down. 

I softly dragged my finger tips across the top of his desk, and across his arm. 

Draco swallowed hard, and bit the inside of his cheek. 

He began writing faster as I walked out the classroom door. 

I walked at a fast, quiet pace, till I made it to the Slytherin stairs.  
I slipped under the stairs, hidden in the shadows. 

"You walk fast, you know that?" Draco appeared suddenly.  He seemed to appear almost out of thin air.

"Glad you could keep up, Mr Malfoy." I whispered through my smile.  

"You like calling me that, don't you?" Draco asked as he stepped closer.

"Not as much as you like hearing me say it." I grabbed his tie, and gave it a little tug.  

"Mhm." Draco took a deep breath in, and groaned.  

I let out a giggle, as I let go of his tie.

It was too dark to see his face, but I knew he was holding back a smile. 

"Why did you want me to come under the Slytherin stairs?" I asked him. 

"Well, I don't know...." He scratched the back of his head and looked behind him. 

"Do I still smell like flowers and-" I started to say.  

Draco cut me off.

"Yes, not so strongly." He chuckled.

The bell rang, dismissing the classes. 
Draco brought his face close to mine.  His cheek rested on mine and he whispered in my ear. 

"Ill see you later tonight."

Draco walked out from under the stairs.    I tried to follow him, but I was too late.   He has already blended in with the crowd of people walking the halls.  

I used to hate Draco, but now I wasn't so sure. 

Draco had my head all twisted up. 
Was I wrapped around his finger, or was he wrapped around mine? 

...

Once dusk had arrived, I made it back to mine and Hermione's room.  

I had taken out the note from my stocking, and put it in the drawer with the rest of them.  

I took off my skirt, and dress shirt.  I put a large tshirt on with my socks, and sat on the chair in the corner of our room. 

I grabbed a small piece of paper, and dipped my quill in the ink. 

Girls lavatory, ten minutes.  
I handed the note to Rose, and she was off. 

Hermione slowly came in the door. 
She sat down on her bed, she began bitting her thumb nail. 
I grabbed my wand, and tapped my cheek.  I took in the puff of smoke, before releasing it slowly into the air.  

"Whats up? You only bite your finger nails when your stressed." I sat up in the chair.  

"That quiz... How did you, and Malfoy finish the test so quickly?" She asked me. 

"What do you mean?" I asked Hermione. 

"You two were the only ones that finished that quickly.   It took everyone else another 30 minutes." Hermione stated as she looked up at me. 

"To be honest, I just wrote down random answers.   I didn't want to take the test in the first place."

Rose flew in the window, and dropped a note on my lap.   I picked it up, and opened it. 

See you soon - Mr Malfoy
I got up and put the note in the drawer.  

"Ill be back, I'm going for a walk." I told Hermione. 

"Better put some pants on." She chuckled. 

I grabbed my Gryffindor shorts, and slipped them on.  
I ran to Harry, and Ron's room and pounded on their door. 

"What?" Harry said opening the door. 

"I need your cloak."

"Why?"

"Ill tell you later!"

"Fine." Harry said.   He disappeared into his room, then returned and handed me his invisibility cloak.