6

Malfoy grabbed me by my hands, and lead me out to the middle of the ball room floor. 

Malfoy placed his hands on my waist, and we slowly rocked back and forth. 
He grabbed my hand, and spun me around.  
He pulled my arms and placed them around his neck, before returning his hands to my waist. 
Malfoy pulled my body too his. 

I could feel the warmth of his skin through our clothes. 

"Is that my wand, or am I happy to see you?" He joked. 

I couldn't help but let out a little laugh, and shake my head at his comment. 

"Don't ruin the moment." I rolled my eyes at Draco. 
He then rested his forehead on mine. 

His lips were so close to mine.  They looked so soft and velvety. 
Feeling his body pressed against mine felt so wrong, but so right. 

"You do look wonderful in that dress." Malfoy smiled as he looked at my lips. 

"You didn't have to buy if for me.   I'll send it back over to you tomorrow." I whispered too him.  

"Its yours to keep, Courtney."

"Thanks, Draco."

We stayed silent for a while, just slowly dancing in circles. 
The warmth of Draco soothed my body.  

For once, my heart beat was soft and calm.

For once in my life, I was care free, and at ease. 

I felt safe in the moment, tangled up with Draco, as we slowly turned in circles. 

The way his large hands held my waist tight, and close to his body, caused the butterflies to dance within the walls of my rib cage.

I never expected to be slow dancing with Draco Malfoy. 

I never expected our body's to fit so well together, and to dance at a perfect rhythm. 

The clock hit five minutes before midnight, which caused a loud chime to ring throughout the room. 

"Shit!" I said breaking away from him. The piano stopped playing and we both looked at the clock. 

"What?" Draco asked me.  

"Im not gonna make it back in time!" I exclaimed as I ran over to grab Hermione's shoes. 

"You will if you cut through Slytherin hall, come on!" Draco said, grabbing my hand. 
We both ran as fast as we could. 

His shoes tapped lightly on the floor, as he lead me through Slytherin hall. 

My bare feet ached as they hit the cold floor, but it was better than wearing Hermione's small shoes. 
We stopped at a door that led to a small open yard. 

"Cut through the yard, and go through that door," Draco pointed and talked between his breaths, "Go up the stairs, and take a left.  Then, go down that hallway, and take the first right. You'll come out a door underneath the Gryffindor stairs."

"But, there's a foot of snow there." I said between my gasps for air, pointing at the frost covered door.

"Here." Draco whispered as he took his shoes off. 
He lifted my right foot and slipped the shoe on.   Draco tied the lace tight, then did the same with my left foot.  
He took his suit jacket off and placed it around my shoulders.  

"Now go, you have two minutes." He ordered me.  I nodded as I ran out the door. 

I leaped through the fluffy snow. 

Gosh, this boy had big shoes.   

It felt like I had skiis strapped to my feet.  

I busted through the door, and hobbled up the stairs. 
I tripped on the last step and nearly face planted.  I smacked my fore arm good on the granite floors.  
I got up quickly and I followed Draco's directions, which lead me to the Gryffindor stairs. 

I made it too my room as the clock struck midnight.  

Hermione was sleeping already.  I kicked the shoes off and threw Draco's coat on the floor. 
I took my dress off and put pajamas on before hanging my dress up in the closet. 
I let out a breath of relief as I laid down on my bed. 

What. a. night.

The owl dropped a paper on my chest. 
'Lumos' I told my wand. 

Did you make it?
I smiled a little before writing back. 

Yes, I will send your coat and shoes back in the morning. 
I handed Rose the note, and she flew away.  

...

I packed up the jacket and shoes before Hermione woke.  I put them in the box the dress came in, and left a note inside before sealing the box shut. 

Thank you, Mr Malfoy.

Rose carried the package off and returned quickly. 
I woke Hermione up and we quickly got dressed for the day. 

"You must have gotten back late, I didn't hear you come in." Hermione stated as we walked into our potions class. 

"Got back at around midnight, you were sleeping. " I said, as we took our seats. 

Today we had professor Slughorn rather than Snape. 
Sometimes Dumbledore has old teachers make an appearance for a class.

"Gather around!" He waved us up to the cauldron.  Everyone got out of their seats and moved toward the center of the room.   

"You smell strongly of flowers, and mahogany wood today." Draco whispered as he passed me. 

I swallowed hard, and watched him as he made his way onto the other side of the group.

The only thing that separated us was the cauldron bubbling between us. 

"Can anyone tell me what this is?" Professor Slughorn asked the class.