15

VIGILANTE

VIGILANTE

{THREE YEARS LATER}

"And over here is the sorting and packing, we've been doing as you said, sorting it into less obvious packaging."

Y/n hummed looking through the lists he had given her. Slapping the clipboard into his chest, making the man gasp before catching it. The large containment's that held a very familiar purple liquid.

Pursing her lips at the new packing system. It would move them forwards ever so slightly. She already had message from today's screw up with transporting the goods past the Hexgates. Trusting her husband in handling the problem.

Checking the small clock that aligned against the wall. By the time she would return home it would already be past midnight. Sighing she turned towards the man in charge.

"I'll be taking my leave, I'll send a message in a few days with information. Good job."

The man repetitively thanked her as she left. Being met with a large bulky man. Pushing the smaller one back as he escorted her down the road.

"God he's such a suck up." she groaned rubbing the back of her neck.

"At least he's listening to you, unlike the others near the mines." The man consoled. Stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Agreed, thank you for accompanying me Lian." Y/n thanked as they made their way back to her home. Giving small talk before she entered the building.

"Silco!" She called in the large home, running a hand through her hair. Footsteps rapidly approached her.

"Have you heard!?" He growled entering the room, eating a confused look from his wife. He sighed trying to contain his anger. "Jinx blew up something in Piltover, killing four Enforcers and injuring others."

Y/n cursed under her breath. Rubbing her eyes at the headache forming.

"You're fucking joking. This is the second thing today Silco, she need to be cut off from the city."

Silco clenched his jaw, seeing how he fucked up with letting Jinx run around doing as she pleases.

"I know, she's in her room right now."

"Come on."

The two made their way towards Jinx's odd room. Y/n didn't like the idea of her staying here but was told jinx needed space. She was nineteen now after all. Crossing her arms under her bust. She could hear the music blaring, jinx dancing along while fixing something on her desk.

"Jinx!"

She didn't hear the calls from Silco, keeping up saying her body side to side. Humming along to the tune.

"Jinx!"

Silco stepped from behind Y/n this time, clearly furious from the lack of response. Storming over he slammed his fist against the desk.

"JINX!"

The girl turned with a wide smile. He eyes covered by a set of protective goggles. Y/n took another step forwards, standing beside her husband. An emotionless look cast over her face.

"That's me!"

"Half a dozen enforcers, dead. Enforcers. Dead."

"Yeah..."

"Do you have any idea what you've done?" Y/n asked softer but still a sternness in her voice. Jinx face faltered for a second before straightening back up.

"Yeah I do." She then pulled out a blue orb. The same one they use to power the Hex gates.

Y/n furrowed her brows taking it from her daughters hand. Holding it ever so carefully in her grasp. Silco hovered behind his wife. Breath fanning her neck sending shivers up her spine.

Jinx skipped off before shouting 'happy progress day. A ray of fireworks sending off. Sparks and colours landing on Y/n's soft skin. Glowing each time they made contact. Silco stared at the woman in awe. How could she always look so incredible. Jinx stepped forwards before throwing herself into a hug. Y/n wrapped a careful arm around her shoulders. Pure amazement dazzling across her face.

Once the two left the room Y/n gripped a fist full of her hair. Pulling on the roots before turning to Silco.

"This is a fucking breakthrough." She mumbled Silco stepped forward parting his lips before someone cleared their throat. Catching the twos attention. "Yea?"

Y/n straightened her posture looking towards one of their men.

"Marcus is in your office." Y/n huffed giving off a small groan. Turning to her husband, his hand placing against the small part of her back.

"Let's get this over with?" He spoke softly leading the woman towards her office.

Marcus sat with a furious look towards the couple. Two men standing behind him. One being her personal guard.

Y/n took a seat, crossing her leg over the other, leaning forwards. Silco slouched next to her listening to how Marcus blew up about six of his men being dead. Lighting his cigar, throwing an arm over the back of the chair.

"She pushed it too far this time. The councils up in arms. I can't make this go away for you unless you give me something to work with. Arresting her would be doing you a favour."

Y/n froze looking at him with an evil look. Her hand that was placed against Silcos thigh tightened.

"Favours? Like the countless ones we did for you to get you this position. She's my daughter, you should know what it's like when someone threatens to take them from you." She paused taking a deep breath. "Now how about this. The fire lights are a pain in both our arses, attacking our shipments and the hex gates at the same time. Are we clear?"

"What if I'm not interested in playing along, Y/n." Marcus spat her name with such venom. Silco slouched forwards this time.

"Don't become a thorn in our side, Marcus. We can achieve so many more great things together."

Y/n made eye contact with her lackey, the man grabbing a wad of cash from the table. Jerking it into Marcus.

"From a concerned citizen, to the families." Y/n sighed watching as the man took his leave.

Silco pressed the cigar against his lips. Leaning far back into the sofa, head dangling off the back. Exhaling the smoke.

Y/n hummed in delight seeing her husband like this. Massaging her thumb that laid against his thigh.

"Thank you, Darling."