12

VIGILANTE

VIGILANTE

{FOUR YEARS LATER}

"How far are we expanding shimmer?" Y/n asked looking through some documents on Silcos desk. Her leg was crossed over another bouncing it ever so slightly. She sat in his chair looking through everything like he asked. "Since the Hex gates are being built in the next year or two, it'll be easier to expand it through there. You said you have the kid who's head Enforcer on our side? Get him to slip it past."

She picked up any other paper skimming it over once again. Silco watched with a wide smile. Enjoying seeing her smart side shine through. She was just perfect in his eyes. The way she held herself makes him melt.

"We could also build a relationship with business men in Piltover. The amount of money that's coming in from wonders is enough to cover that..." tapping the pen against her lips she scribbled some things down in the notebook that sat to her right. "That's all I have at the moment. You need to go through the numbers again though."

Huffing the woman dropped everything in her hand against the table. Silco chuckled from across the room. Taking another drag from his cigar. Y/n turned to look at him, cocking a brow at why he chuckled.

"You're adorable when you do this." Adjusting his leg into a more comfortable position. Y/n smiled softly at him. Before standing from her seat. Stretching her back earning a small crack.

"What times it?"

"Almost seven." He put out the rest of his smoke before standing from his spot against the couch. "We have reservations in piltover at eight."

He reminded her picking up her coat that was laying next to him. Y/n nodded making her way over. Allowing him to drape it over her shoulders. Linking their fingers together.

"Who's watching Powder tonight?" She asked as they walked through the building. It was a new office space not too far from the bridge. It was also where the main operation for Shimmer was being kept. Even though she preferred to be called Jinx now, y/n found help but keep up the name. Not that the young girl minded all that much.

"Sevika, she's the best at getting the girl to stay put." He answered as they made their way across the bridge. Y/n hummed holding her head high as they passed Enforcers. The men not even giving them a second look. "We should get there early."

"Good I want an early night. I've been so stressed lately." He hummed in agreement pulling the woman closer, snaking his arm around her waist. Pressing his ears close to her ear.

"And I miss being able to see you in all your glory." He smirked against her ear, earning a small chuckle from her.

They stopped just outside the restaurant. Y/n turning to face her lover. Running her hands up and down his chest. Leaning up to capture his lips in an intimate kiss. He closed his eyes instantly. Focusing on the softness of her lips, to the plush of her waist. She pulled away placing one final peck against his cheek. Turning back to the restaurant.

"Come on I'm starving."

"Of course, Darling."

The two sat in a private section. A window overlooking the never ending ocean that surrounded the cities. They made small talk while keeping eye contact. Already ordering their food. Y/n swirled the whisky in her glass before taking small sips.

She had become much more feminine besides the training. Loving the fact she could actually live out being someone who money. Living her dream of transforming Zaun into the place Silco and herself dreamed for.

Silco had always had an expensive taste around him. Holding himself to a high stature. But each time he loved the Tom-boy side to the woman in front of him. She was a thief after all when he first fell in love with her.

Their dinner was quick, wanting to visit their spot. Before going home, even though they were both tired. Powder or jinx was old enough to take care of herself. She was sixteen now, y/n felt her head clench every time she thought about her daughter growing older. She was almost a woman. Wanting to go out and run errands for Silco.

The docks looked beautiful with all the lanterns that spread across the peer. The smell of the ocean felt like nostalgia hitting them. It was beautiful. Standing at the their spot, y/n leaned her head against his shoulder. An arm draped over her shoulders. Rubbing her outer arm.

"I love you."

Y/n felt her eyes widen. In all the years they've been together they haven't uttered those words to one another. They both knew and never found the right time to express it. She turned her head towards him parting her lips agape.

Silco pulled away from her turning so he was looking down with a soft look. Placing a gentle hand against her cheek.

"From the day you walk down those stairs. Watching me work on anything I found, drinking yourself stupid." He explained taking a deep breath. "I want you to marry me."

Y/n felt tears well in her eyes. Trying to say anything only letting out a strangled noise. Giving up all together. She just nodded reaching up to kiss him deeply.

He smiled into the kiss. Reaching into his pocket. Taking her left hand into his. Slipping on the cold golden ring. Engraved with the year they met.

"I love you so much." She managed to say wrapping her arms around his neck. Smothering his face with kisses. Making sure to leave no spot untouched by her attack.

He hummed rubbing a hand up her back. Holding her even closer. Pure joy filling him. Finally he could call this woman his wife. He told her how much she actually meant to him. Showing her how he wanted her in his life. Until death does then part.