02

Vigilante

Vigilante

The cold liquid gave a short burn as it ran down her throat. Humming in bliss y/n leaned against the wooden table. She looked at the melting ice that watered down her hard alcoholic drink. Glancing towards the bar, Vander stood serving and chatting to random people. But mainly hovering next to Silco. The man sat sideways. Giving her a good view of his profile.

No man has ever caught her eye like he had. The small movements he made just fascinated her. Baby hairs fell over his face. Barely touching his brows. Placing the cigarette against his thin lips. Taking a long inhale. Never has a man smoking looked so attractive.

A loud bang jolted the table. Y/n gasping softly gripping her glass tightly in her hand. Turning towards the news figure with a small glare. The woman laughed taking a seat next to her. Turning to look in the same direction y/n had.

"Staring at the barkeep, Y/n!" She teased wiggling her fingers at the younger woman. Y/n scoffed smacking her hand lightly. "Knew you had a thing for Vander."

"Missed you too Val." She avoided with a wide smile. Happy to see her friend once again. The woman had light blue hair that was pulled back in a loose braid that fell over her shoulders. "Where's the kids?"

Val scoffed waving her hand. Placing her drink down on the table.

"Don't change the subject! Tell me about Vander! You're staring at him like he's a saint!"

Y/n rolled her eyes and let out a chuckle. Glancing once again over towards Silco. Watching the man take a drink, his Adam's apple bopping as he swallowed.

"Vander wishes I had a thing for him."

"You're in denial babe, you saw how hard I fell for Ray. I was looking at him like a sick puppy." Val spoke about her husband with love. Y/n smiled watching as she fiddled with her ring.

Y/n wanted love like that. As she got older she graced physical intimacy and love. It didn't help her best friend being a married woman who had two beautiful daughters. She wanted to settle down with someone she loved. But not in a place like this. She wanted her kids to grow up in a safe place.

"I wasn't looking at Vander."

Val paused, cocking a brow to her friend, leaning closer. She looked towards the gap her eyes now landing on the person y/n was looking at.

"Fucking Silco?" Val spat amazed at the man who caught her close friends attention. "Don't get me wrong he's attractive but he doesn't speak!"

"I don't know I just got really nervous when he spoke to me earlier. And the shit he was saying hit close to home." Y/n explained taking quick glances of the man. That's when their eyes met. He didn't turn away or back down. Watching her with a emotionless look. She felt the hairs on her neck rise, crossing her legs over one another.

"Baby you're in love." Val chuckled taking a drink. Y/n let out a soft scoff before chuckling.

"We've just met."

"Love at first sight!" Val pointed with a pout then laughing.

"Yeah yeah. How're the girls anyway?"

"Vi is such a good big sister, she adores Powder. Ray always ushers me out the house though. He loves those kids." She smiled softly at her family. "You really need to see them soon, you are their godmother!"

Y/n hummed finishing her drink. Turning towards her best friend.

"I'll make time for them, I always have." Shifting to stand she picked up her now empty glass. "I'm getting another, want one?"

"Hm.. nah I should probably get home it's late as it is." Val stood wrapping her arms around y/n's shoulder pressing a loving kiss against her cheek. "Love you!"

"You too." Y/n smiled softly at her friend before walking in the opposite direction. Reaching the bar Vander had left to change a barrel.

Huffing tiredly, the woman placed her glass against the counter. Leaning her forearms to keep her up right.

"You seem tired."

His voice was smooth. Sending positive vibrations through her body. Y/n turned her focus toward Silco who swirled his drink around in his glass. Putting out the cigarette bud in the ash tray.

"You could say that." She breathed out shifting her footing. Silco hummed turning to face her fully once again. He liked showing his attention through body language it seemed.

"You know piltover well yeah?" Y/n cocked a brow at this question. Before nodding, maybe he wanted her to do a job for him. "I need a few things, mind taking me."

"I mean you could write a list and I'll fetch them?" She questioned pretty curious why he wanted to go.

"Too complicated for a list sweetheart. Don't want the company or something?" He asked with a smirk.

Y/n swallowed nervously. Glancing down at her healed boots before back up into his alluring eyes. What would be the worst that could happen?

"Okay, two days from now sound good?"

Silco hummed giving a court nod. Watching as Vander came back out onto the bar.

"Whiskey?" He asked sarcastically already pulling out the bottle. Y/n smiled holding out her glass for him as he poured the drink.

"You know me so well!"

Vander rolled his eyes with a playful grin. He moved along to another person and began chatting. That man had way too much energy to speak to so many people.

"I'll meet you at the lift at the crack of dawn." Silco cut in again. Watching as Y/n stood straight taking in her curves.

"Sounds perfect, it a date." She replied jokingly making the man chuckle. Raising a glass to her as she walked off.

"A date."