07

VIGILANTE

VIGILANTE

The woman hummed softly brushing her fingers through the dark long strands of the mans hair. Enclosed in the blankets of her bed. His head laid against her chest. Eyes closed as he listened to the steady beat of her heart.

Silco brushed his thumb against the plush of her thighs. That were hidden under his long shirt that made her frame look smaller than she actually was. Her free hand was occupied by the slightly ruined book out of many she had in her room. Each stolen from different homes of those in Piltover. A sickly feeling erupted in her throat at the thought of going to war with the more advanced city. She knew many would fall due to their wrath.

For now she focused on the moment she was in at the moment. Laying with the person she trusted the most, reading her favourite book late at night. They had a long day tomorrow but neither wanted to sleep. Worry clouding their minds.

Y/n sighed closing her book. Letting it drop on the empty spot beside her. Messaging her temple from the upcoming headache that shattered her brain. She had an awful feeling welling in the pit of her stomach.

"Y/n."

She hummed at her name, looking down as the man look up. Chin resting against the middle of her chest.

"What would you do if I asked you to run away with me. Find a new place other than our cursed cities." Y/n pursed her lips. Rubbing her thumbs under the tender skin below his beautiful blue eyes, the purple skin growing due to the lack of sleep. "We could start a new."

"What about Vander? Val and the kids? We can't just leave them." She paused watching him frown. "What about Zaun?"

"You're the only thing I want more than the nation of Zaun."

"Why not have both?" She questioned running her fingers through his long hair. "When we win this fight. We will rise above those bastards. Live a full life with both the things you want most."

Silco swallowed the lump in his throat. The weight on his shoulders shifting to other worries as he looked at the woman lovingly. Glancing at the golden chain that settled against her chest. His chest swelling at the sight.

Her lidded eyes staring at him softly. Lips pulled together in a thin line. Her hair messily brushed away form her face. He stared at her like it was the last time he would see her again. Moving from the centre of her chest, hovering over her figure. Pressing his lips against each space on her face. Running his hands along her body as if trying to remember each and every curve from memory.

"You're right, darling."

"Always am."

He hummed at his shifting his head into the crook of her neck. Her hands rubbing up and down his naked back. Enjoying the warmth he gave off.

Moment like this started happening more and more frequently since the news of a war. It was beautiful yet heart wrenching. It felt sickening to her as if these moments were limited. Although tonight was the worst she felt.

One thing kept repeating in her mind. Was to live. No matter what happened to find a way to stay alive to keep going no matter what would happen on that bridge. She needed to.

Staring at the wall of her bedroom the woman frowned deeply. Pressing a loving kiss against his hair.

"Always am."

{short chapter <3}