season 2 | chapter 19

STORY RECAP

STORY RECAP

Lyla and friends have traveled to the Sky Kingdom to help Hilary discover the truth about her mother Selene: Goddess of the Moon & save her from her tyrant brother and God of the Sun: Helios. Together they come up with a plan to save the Kingdom.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE PLAN WAS simple.

Or so they'd prefer to encourage themselves with the thought it was.

Selene made it clear from the beginning of the conversation that her powers weren't nearly close to the stage of their former glory. Choosing Hilary's birth over her duties as a proper Goddess of the Moon could've cost Selene her own life force but one of the minimum perks of  having royal blood flowing in her veins was an additional amount of endurance to situations where under normal circumstances wouldn't be possible.

Helios was as its peak of his sovereignty. Taking the reins from his parents who passed the gates of Heaven by manipulating and clouding their judgement was a bloody genius move; Selene had to recognise that. By rendering her incapable and unworthy of taking Theia's - her mother's - place on the throne due to her weakened magic next to Helios on Hyperion's - their father's throne - and rule together in peace as the older silbings in the family, the cruel, souless bastard was free to act as he pleased.

Worst of all was no one would believe her if she tried to explain the situation, to cry for help.

Helios was cunning. He maintained the perfect uprfont of the eldest, beloved and most respected heir in the family to the outside world and even the people working in the palace. He'd made Selene a prisoner in her own home and the times where she was forced to bear the humility of staying silent otherwise everyone would consider her a lunatic weren't few.

However, from the moment Hilary set foot in the palace a nagging, tingling sensation started to poke at her chest with a small, yet undeniable ray of hope. It was so dim, so fragile. It was almost heartbreaking to dwell on the mere idea that maybe one day she could rebuild her life from scratch. She didn't have the faith to think it could happen, much less believe in it. Now that there where high chances it could lurk around the corner, Lyla and the rest assured her in a silent promise they'd do everything in their power to break her chains of confinment.

Lyla shook her head in an attempt to clear the fog of her scattered thoughts. So much information at once were one thing to process, but to handle an entire story bound on mythology which turned out real and included one of her best friends on top of it was another thing.

Still, she couldn't afford to lose focus.

Holding the map between her delicate fingers, Lyla ran her gaze over the path leading to their part of action. The team had split in smaller groups consisting of her and Kai, Mariah and Johnny, and Max alongside Hilary and Tyson.