Part 9

"You good kid?" Jorge asked I shook my head yes. Then I stood up quickly brushing the dust off. My arm started to hurt.

"Ow *tiss*," I said so I decided to look down at my left arm and saw my tribe symbol on my arm. The symbol of a tiger head.

 The symbol of a tiger head

My eyes widen at seeing it.

"What is Tigris?" Thomas asked.

"My tribe symbol just showed up on my arm. It only shows when the person that reserves the mark has a quest or a task to do. But I never got it until now so I think it might mean that I need to train more and save Minho," I said fast and pacing back an' forth, and the only one who understood me was Alby. We're bonded to each other, which makes sense.

"Ummm, we didn't understand a single thing you said Tigris," Fey said, then it look like something clicked in her head. "Ooh, hey can I talk to you for a bit? In private?" I nodded and we hiked to the top of the canyon.

"Please, sit down," she said, and I obeyed. She closed her eyes and her brow furrowed. She started muttering under her breath, and her skin glowed with those patterns. There was a bright flash of light and I covered my eyes. When I looked back, there were two glowing, slightly transparent figures beside Fey. She looked triumphant, and when I looked closer, it was my parents. I ran to them to hug them and found that they were solid.

"How?" I asked. Fey shrugged.

"I guess I just knew I could do it, I just needed a little push," she finally said.

"Is it draining?" I asked, concerned.

"No, they choose to be here, I just had to carry them across the bridge. They can come and go as they please now. They're kind of like solid, glowing ghosts," she said.

"Thank you, Fey. And I forgive you for what you did back in the maze," I said.

"Anything for my best friend, oh also your dad promised to train me to be as good as the both of you," she said.

"I'll help explain everything to you if you don't understand it," I said with a smile.

"Tigris dear, what is that on you're arm?" mom asked pointing to it.

"I have a quest that I have to do," I said.

"Oh-no that's not good." dad said, "It only appears if it's one that you have to do on your own. Or something along those lines."

"What?" I said as my eyes widened and sheer panic came over me, "How am I supposed to do it on my own?"

"You were powerful before but it's more so now. That's all I can say tiger cub, at least without your mother's book," dad said.

"You mean this book?" I said pulling it out still in panic mode.

"Wait, that is the exact book I need!" dad said. I was about to say something when the same blue light caught my eye. It was Fey's parents and older brother. Her mother had legs, which I thought was weird since she was a mermaid.

"Fey, why does your mom have legs?" I asked.

"She's part siren. Sirens look like humans," she said patiently, like she was explaining it to a child.

"Oh, that makes sense. Anyways we need to get back to the others it's getting late," I said looking up at how high the moon was.

"We'll come with you," Fey's brother said.

"Dimitri, you'd probably send everyone into shock, you're not good at being subtle," Fey said. As I tried to hold my laughter in. Fey caught my eye and I saw she was also trying not to laugh.

"Fey, be nice," her mother said.

"Mother, I haven't seen him in forever, can't I tease?" she asked. Her mother sighed and was about to say something when her older brother interrupted.

"Wait, there's a boy?" Dimitri asked.

"I was talking about you. Te juro que estas loco," she sighed.

"Where's the boy?" I asked.

"Which one?" she asked, exasperated.

"Over there," Dimitri said pointing in the direction of the boy. I looked in the direction and saw nothing and I knew he was messing with us. I saw Fey's irises darken, then turn back to their pale color.

"Dimitri," I said about to lose it. Newt came up the side of the canyon, out of breath.

"What was it you wanted to show me F-" when he saw everyone, he couldn't speak. She walked forward and pulled him to our group.

"Fey did this. She brought them here," I said. Newt walked up to our parents and hugged them.

"Mom...Dad," Newt said with a big smile on his face.

"Well, I guess this is the part where I formally introduce you to my family," Fey said. Her father, a tall man with almost as much muscle as my father, looked Newt up and down.

"Approvo," he said in his deep voice.

"Ovviamente tu approvi, lei fa le scelte migliori." her mother said.

"Tu hai un fidanzato!?" Dimitri asked, shocked.

"Guys, I'm the only other person here that understands Italian, English please," Fey said. I was shocked, I knew her mother was Italian, but not her whole family.

"Fey, can you call up Alby for me?" I asked her in a whisper.

"Sure thing," she whispered back, and once again, her irises darkened the lightened.

"Thank you," I said. A couple of minutes later I heard Alby climbing the side. So I pull my wings out, look over the edge, and saw Alby climbing. Then I fell backward and grabbed him.

"Anche lei ha un ragazzo!?" Dimitri asked, bewildered.

"No, sono sposati," she replied.

"Perché nessuno mi dice niente?" Dimitri asked.

"Se fossi fuori e piovesse, chiederesti a qualcuno qual è la possibilità che piova, non presti attenzione a nulla," she snapped.

"That's because you're the least favorite," I said sneaking up and scaring him when Alby and I got back up. That's the only sentence I know in Italian.

"Fey! Sii gentile con tuo fratello!" her parents said at the same time.

"Tigris who's this?" Dimitri asked me.

"My husband Alby. Well in my trib we are married, and if you hurt him in any way shape, or form we'll have problems," I said as my eyes flashed yellow showing that I was serious.

"Fey!!! Salvami da lei per favore," Dimitri yelled running behind her. She laughed at him because me and Dimitri never really got along, "And why would you choose him though?"

"Can I smack him?" I asked my dad in a low whisper and he laughed saying no, "Why did I even ask." Slightly annoyed at my dad.

"Tell me later, what you asked your dad?" Fey said.

"You know it." I replied, "If Fey hadn't told you yet, I have to train to save someone close to me. His name is Minho and W.I.C.K.E.D. took him from here."

"Why are you saving a human?" Dimitri interrupted.

"He is like a brother to me so don't even. We should go to the others," I said and jumped off the edge and rolled once I landed because I didn't feel like flying.

"What is it she has against me?" Dimitri ask but Fey just ignored him and made a zip line so everyone could get down safely.