Part 5

-30 minutes later-

"Slow down Tigris some of us aren't as fast as you," Teresa said. My eye started to twitch but I stopped, turned around, and looked her in the eye.

"Look Teresa you might be exhausted right now. There are those of us who are trying to make sure everyone is alive, not dead right now, so keep your little mouth shut. I don't want to hear another complaint from you. And for goodness sake, we just saved your butt back there. So be a little more grateful that you're alive right now," I snapped at her. Everyone was surprised, well not Alby of course because he knew how I felt towards her.

"Let's go into that building," Alby said pointing to a building nearby. When we got in there were helicopters around searching for us. I started to smell an odor of death.

"Does anyone else smell that or is it just me," I said.

"I think you're just on edge Tigris. We need to explore this place but we have to split up," Thomas said.

"I smell it too," Fey whispered, barely audible. No one but me heard her.

"How about you guys can go I'll stay here with Fey and tend to her wounds. Oh and this place might be filled with Cranks. They're the things that we saw when we first got here," I said.

Then I whispered to Newt to where only he could hear, "You can stay here with us if you want." He nodded because he want to make sure Fey is okay.

"Alright," Alby said, "but stay in groups of two or three, don't go off on your own no matter what. Fry, you're with me, Winston you're with Teresa, Aris go with Jeff, and Minho with Thomas. Newt, Daniel, and Tigris stay here and take care of Fey." Then they all left leaving me, Newt, and Daniel to take care of Fey's wounds.

-One hour later-

Fey's head was now resting on Newt's lap. Until I heard a generator and a high pitch scream like a growl.

"Oh-no please don't tell me Thomas was the one who did that," I thought aloud.

"It most likely was," Daniel said.

"Great," I muttered. Then I heard a tiger's roar. That roar sound's... familiar. I thought then I looked up to see a familiar figure. Then it hit me when I looked closer, it was Uncle Phil.

"Haha, Newt look it's Uncle Phil, apparently he made out alive!" I said.

"I invited him here to help," Fey said.

"Wait you did? But how did you know he was alive? I mean I thought he was dead for sure," I said as Uncle Phil came down to us.

"Well, your mother knew you would be needing help. So she gave me a potion to heal my wounds. That's how I'm alive," Uncle Phil said as he came down and gave me and Newt each a hug.

"It's not just the spirits of the dead that I can see and talk with, it's all spirits," Fey explained.

"Thank you, Fey. You don't know how much this means to me... to us," I said. She just shrugged.

"You do so much for everyone else," she said.

"Well, did you expect any less of me? I am one of the leaders after all. I got to make sure everyone is okay," I replied.

Uncle Phil turned to Newt and said, "So what's this I hear about you having a special girl? You should introduce me to her sometime!" Newt pulled Fey in front of Uncle Phil. She waved awkwardly.

"Uncle Phil meets Fey, my special girl," Newt said. She blushed.

"You went for the siren eh? Good, good. She's always been nice to me. She also makes the best bread and deserts!" Uncle Phil laughed.

"Oi, I thought that you liked mine more. A little offended here," I said.

"I like your cookies, but this one," he grabs Fey around the shoulders, "She is just something different! I remember when she was little, she was almost as good as you, and the only person better than you was your father!"

"I know I know I learn from the best. Anyways we need to get the others out of here and quick," As soon as I said that everyone came running back with Cranks behind them.

Fey audibly said, "Esto es un desastre." Me and Uncle Phil transformed into our tiger forms and got everyone out just in time.

"Thomas, you slant head, did you really have to make that much noise?" I scolded him, " I even told you not to. And yet you did."

"¡Tigris, Winston está gravemente herido!" Fey yelled, panicked.

"Fey, cut out the weird multi-lingual crap!" I yelled and turned to her. She was crouched over Winston, who was seriously hurt.

"Sorry Tigris, I can't help it when I panic," Fey apologized.

"It's okay, I'm a little mad right now. But what's going on?" I asked.

"The cranks clawed his entire midsection," Thomas explained. Fey pulled back the remains of his shirt and stiffened. It was a mass of bloody flesh. She let go and pulled me away from the group.

"The best I can do is ease the pain," she told me in a low whisper.

"I don't think he's going to make it Fey. Even if you do," I said in the same low whisper.

"We still need to try," She sounded sad and terrified.

"Okay, we can try," I said.

After a couple of days of pulling Winston, he begged us to stop. He finally convinced me to let him commit suicide. Which was painful, but I had to accept that he was going to die when he vomited blood. Everyone said their goodbyes to him except for me. I saved mine for last.

"Hey," I said with a sad voice kneeling. Everyone left so I could say my good by to him.

"H-hey yourself, mom. I know it's hard for you to see me like this. Just know that I love and appreciate you for everything you did to help me and the others. I don't want you to forget that." He said putting a note in my hand, "Read that note once you get Chuck's necklaces. I love you."

"Oh, Winston. I wish I could get you out of death's grip. I can't lose any more of you," I said on the verge of tears.

"Then promise me to protect them, with all that you have," he asked.

"Okay, I promise. Do me a favor once on the other side look for a man named John Taylor. He's my father there will be a woman with him. The woman has horns and wings like me. She would be my mother. If you say that Tigris has sent you they'll know where to put you," I said as he nodded.

"Okay, I will. Thank you for being a mother to us in the glade and you still are. When we didn't have a family you made it us one there in the glade. And I will love you for that. But it's time you let me go, mom, I love you," He said.

"Ok, Winston, I love you too," I said giving him the gun while kissing the top of his head. Once we were a mile away, we heard the sound of a gun firing. I was crying inside because his last words were 'It's time to let me go, mom, I love you'. I just hope he made it to my parents safely. Fey buried her face into Newt's chest, sobbing. I walked over to them.