Chapter 18 [The Chain]

⚠️Mention of self harm/$ui(id3⚠️ (Second slide is a song. When you get to the part, i recommend listening to it.)

•   
     I walk out of the bedroom with my robe overtop of the lingerie I bought earlier that day. I had seen someone on the couch before I changed, I thought it was Eddie until I walk out in my robe. Jason. Again? "What do you want Jason?" I ask him leaning against the kitchen table. "Just to see you y/n. I just wanna talk." He says sitting back on the couch. "Let me change first." I tell him being very uncomfortable in what I'm wearing around him. "Okay, but don't be too long." He says winking at me. I walk into the bedroom, shutting and locking the door.
     I change into one of Eddie's shirts with the sleeves cut out and a pair of sweatpants. Before I go back out I grab a knife that was hidden in the closet and put it in my hand, sticking my hand in my pocket. I walk out and sit down on a chair near the kitchen table. "So what's up Jason?" I ask cocking my head slightly. "How have you been y/n?" He asks sitting up in his seat. "Good, how about yourself?" I ask him slightly moving the chair away from him. He stands up and starts walking towards me, making me grip the knife in my pocket even tighter. He stands in front of me and bends down, being inches from my face. "Y/n. I. Want. You." He says. I can feel his hot breath against my cheek. "No you don't Jason, you just love the chase. Plus you have a girlfriend." I tell him while trying not to show my fear.
He grabs my wrist and pulls me up off my seat and kisses me, I try and pull away but he grabs the back of my head. I put my hands up just incase someone would walk in. I was right.

Eddies POV:
I was driving home from dropping Max off and I remembered that we needed stuff for the house. Just your basic food and drinks. I spot the beer section and start grabbing 6-packs for me and y/n to drink tonight. I still want to know what that damn surprise is. I know it's lingerie from Spencer's, I just want to know which one she paid for while I was beating the shit out of Billy. Shit, I just remembered that I need weed. I hurry up in the store and pay for everything, then head over to Ricks house for a few. On the way there I get this gut feeling that something's wrong. "Fuck it, I'm going home." I say to myself while pulling into a random driveway and turning around. I speed back home and run inside, not even worried about the frozen shit I got at the store. I walk into the house seeing y/n with her hands up in the air with a knife in her hand. And Jason? Kissing her? "ILL FUCKING KILL YOU GOD DAMNIT!"

Y/n POV:
     Eddie bursts through the door to see me and Jason kissing. I've blacked out at this point and can't hear a thing that Eddie is saying. All I hear is distant voices screaming. I try and get away from Jason but he grabs my wrist to keep me in the living room. I move closer to Eddie, holding my hand out for him to grab it and pull me towards him. He does so as I slip my hand from Jason's firm grasp on my wrist. I immediately grab the phone and call Steve. I know I promised Eddie that I wouldn't talk to him anymore, but I NEED him, Robin, and Nancy here with me and Eddie. The phone rings a few times before someone finally answers. "Hello?" I hear a girl say on the other line. "Hi. Is Steve there?" I ask the girl. "Who is this?" She asks. I'm trying not to sound too panicked and trying not to get angry. "Can you please tell him that y/n is calling and that is an emergency. And to bring Nancy and Robin PLEASE!" I say to the girl. "STEVE!" I hear her yell, taking the phone away from her ear. Someone grabs the phone and I finally hear Steve's voice. "Hello?" Steve asks confused. "Steve! Thank God. You've got to get over here. And I need you to bring Nance and Robin too. Please! It's an emergency!" I try to say over the screaming from Eddie and Jason. "I'll be there in 10." He says before hanging the phone up. Eddie grabs my hand and pushes me down the hallway making me go into the bedroom so I don't have to see what's going on. "Please Eddie. LET ME OUT!" I scream and bang on the door. After about 5 minutes of more screaming from the boys, and me, Steve, Nancy, and Robin pull up. I open the window and jump out, running to Steve's car. "They're inside." I tell Steve as he opens the trunk of his car to pull out the baseball bat with a bunch of nails in it. Nancy and Robin jump out of the car and grab knives from the trunk as well. Robin hands me one and gives me a reassuring smile. "Just for protection." Nancy says. "I know, I already have one in my pocket." I say pulling out the switchblade that was stuffed in my sweatpants pocket.
     I open the door and see Jason on top of Eddie once again, just like that night Jason's girlfriend kissed Eddie. "JASON STOP!" I scream at him hoping he'll hear me. Jason turns his head to the door to see me in the door with everyone behind me. Steve rushes in after I move out of the way and pulls Jason off of Eddie, Me, Robin, and Eddie go into the bathroom and clean Eddie's face. He's bloody and could possibly have a broken cheekbone. "How'd you get out of the bedroom? I locked you in to keep you safe." Eddie asks while looking up at me. "Snuck out the window." I say smiling at him. "Stay here you two." I tell Robin and Eddie as I walk out of the bathroom. I walk out to see Steve swinging his bat in circles and Nancy in a fighting stance, cornering Jason. I walk up to Jason and get up on my toes. "I thought I told you that if you ever came near me again that I'd wear your face as a halloween mask." I whisper in his ear as I pull my blade out. I put the blade to his throat, making him gulp in fear. "Y/n please don't." Jason whimpers. I step away from him and punch him in the jaw, making him spit out blood. I continue punching him everywhere on his face and torso until he's laying on the ground. "Have at em boys and girls." I say walking back to the bathroom. I open the door and see Robin sitting on the bathroom floor and Eddie sitting in the tub.
"You can go beat his ass now babe." I say looking at Eddie. "You too." I say looking down at Robin, holding my hand out to help her up. Eddie runs out there seeing a bloody Jason on the floor. He looks at me and smiles, knowing I did this. "I don't feel the need to do anymore damage. Besides doing this first." Eddie says before punching Jason right in his crotch, making Jason curl up into a ball on the floor. "Fucking pussy." I say spitting in his face. After a few minutes, Jason stands up and looks at me, trying to wink once again but failing from the swollen eye that was starting to form. Before I can even get to him, Eddie lunges towards him making Jason jump back. He runs out of the door, starting his car and speeding off. "Hey y/n? Can I talk to you for a second?" Eddie asks while starting to walk towards me. "In private please?" He says grabbing my hand and looking me in the eyes with a pleading look as if to say "please?" I walk with him to the bedroom and sit down on the bed, looking at the bruises starting to form on my wrist. "Darling?" Eddie says while sitting down next to me. "Yes?" I say looking away from my wrist. "Why did you call Steve?" He asks looking down at his feet. "I didn't know what else to do Eddie, I was scared and panicking. I know I promised you that I wouldn't talk to him or be around him, but I really didn't know what to do. I had Robin and Nancy come too because I know what Steve will do if they aren't around." I say, tears starting to swell in my eyes. I look down at my feet and put my face in my hands. "Love it's okay, I just didn't know if you called him because you were scared of me and wanted to leave or not." He says while pulling me into a hug and kissing the top of my head. I start to sob into his chest before we hear knocking at the door.
"Are you guys okay?" I hear Robin ask from the other side of the door. "Yeah" I respond with a shakey voice. "Can I come in?" "Yeah come on in." She opens the door, seeing Eddie hold me, and me with tears running down my face. She kneels down in front of me and Eddie. "Y/n? What's wrong?" She says while trying to put her hand on my knee. I jump back, not wanting anyone but Eddie to touch me in this moment. She puts her hand back and asks again. "Y/n, what's wrong?" I look at her and then at the door. Nancy is standing in the doorway with Steve behind her. "I don't really want to talk about it." I say while pulling Eddie closer to me. He tightens his arms and squeezes me to comfort me. "Can you guys just leave please? I just want to be alone with Eddie for a while." I say looking at them. They all leave, Eddie still holding me. "How about we get you changed and cleaned up love?" Eddie says while slightly pulling me away. I nod my head in response, still crying. He stands up then holds his hand out to help me up. I almost collapse on the floor before Eddie catches me. "Woah sweetheart, you okay?" He says pulling me close to him. "Just a little dizzy I guess." I say before pulling away from his hug and running to the bathroom, immediately throwing up.
Eddie immediately runs into the bathroom, sitting on the side of the tub, holding my hair back and rubbing my back in circles. Once I'm done he grabs some toilet paper and gives it to me to wipe my mouth. "Shower?" He asks me, I nod my head in response while I brush my teeth. He helps me take my clothes off, looking closely at the scars on my thighs, then closely inspecting my wrists. "Babe? What are these and why haven't I noticed them before?" He asks running his fingers over my scarred thighs. "They're old. From when I cut myself." I say with tears starting to pool in my eyes. "Why didn't you tell me love? You know you can tell me anything." He says standing up. "I know, I was just scared. The only other person that knows about them is my dad. He was the one to take me to the hospital when I almost bled out." I say feeling tears start to fall from my eyes. "I'm so sorry baby, I had no idea." He says starting to cry. He kisses my forehead and helps me take the rest of my clothes off. I get in the shower with Eddie behind me. He washes my hair and helps me wash my body before doing the same for himself. We get out and get dried off. We walk into the bedroom, he changes into a pair of shorts and helps me put my clothes on while I sit on the bed. I start crying again thinking about the past, how my mom left, how my dad kicked me out, how I used to get bullied before I moved here.. Everything. "Sweetheart? What's wrong?" Eddie asks wiping my tears. "Thinking." I say trying to stop crying. " You want to talk about it?" He asks while still wiping tears off of my face. "Just thinking about the past. About everything in the past." I tell him stopping myself from crying even more. "What's happened in the past love?" He asks slightly cocking his head and putting his hand on my thigh. "I used to get bullied and depressed a lot. That's why I cut. That's why I did what I did, so many times." I tell him while leaning into his chest.
"Did what?" He asks pulling me away from his chest. "Tried to kill myself." I mumble while putting my head down. I start to sob even more, and I can hear Eddie start to cry. I look up at him "Why are you crying love?" I ask him, wiping his tears off of his face with my thumb. "Just the thought of you not being with me, here, right now, kills me inside. And to know what you went through, I'm just so glad you're here now, and that the attempts didn't work." He says pulling me into another hug. After a few minutes he gets up and shuffles through his records. He finds the one he wants, not letting me see. He puts the record down and puts the needle down. 'Dreams' by Fleetwood Mac starts playing. A smile slowly grows on my face "How'd you know I love this song?" I ask him. "I hear you play it when you get in your car to go to work." He says turning the volume up. He walks towards me and holds his hand out. "May I have this dance M'lady?" He says with an ear to ear smile. I grab his hand and jump off of the bed. "Of course sir." I say smiling back at him.
"Oh, thunder only happens when it's raining"
He spins me, almost losing my balance as he pulls me back in, I wrap my hands around his neck and he wraps his arms around my waist.
"Players only love you when they're playing"
I put my head in his chest and sing along to the song. He puts his head on top of mine and kisses it.
"Say, women they will come and they will go."
He dips me, I start laughing and smiling while grabbing his shirt. I pull my head into his chest as he pulls us back up.
"When the rain washes you clean, you'll know. You'll know"
I sing along as we keep slow dancing until the song comes to an end. You have a beautiful voice y/n" He says as the next song plays. "Thank you" I say as I can feel heat rising to my cheeks making them turn a bright pink. 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac starts playing. "This is my favorite song!" I exclaim as I start jumping up and down.
"Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise"
I start singing and stomping my foot to the beat of the song on the floor. Eddie starts singing along, not knowing any of the lyrics but still trying.
"Run in the shadows. Damn your love, damn your lies."
We both sing. I jump up onto the bed, still stomping my foot to the beat. I grab my hairbrush off of the dresser and use it as a microphone.
"And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again. I can still here you saying we will never break the chain"
I sing along, bending my head back as if I'm performing in a concert. I quickly throw my head forward, making my wet hair go in my face. I shake my head hoping to get my hair out of my face, some of it comes off. But not all of it. Eddie stops the music and grabs his guitar . "Guess what." He says while sitting on the bed. He starts playing 'The Chain' "When did you learn to do this babe?" I ask him putting my hairbrush back and getting the rest of my hair out of my face. "When you go to work, I've been learning it for a couple weeks now. I finally have the whole song down." He says looking down at his guitar continuing to play the song. I start singing along, Eddie joins in.
"I can still hear you saying, we would never break the chain"
Eddie continues to lightly play the guitar for a few seconds.
"Chain, keep us together (Running in the shadows)"
We both sing until he's finished with the song. I take the guitar off of his lap, putting it back in it's place on the wall. I walk over to him and sit in his lap. "I love you." I say while cupping his face. "I love you too y/n." He says pulling me closer by my waist. I pull our faces together, giving him a deep and passionate kiss. He takes one of his hands off my waist and puts it on the back of my neck, pulling me more into the kiss. "You want something to eat love? I'm hungry." I ask him as I pull away from the kiss and standing up. "Please?" He says following me into the kitchen. It was just about midnight, so there was really no sense in making dinner. I grab a beer from the fridge for Eddie, sliding it across the counter, I find some mac and cheese that was made a few days ago and I put it in the microwave. "No bowl?" Eddie asks while taking a sip of his beer. "We're both eating it, we'll probably eat the whole thing." I say walking towards him. I sit next to him at the kitchen table, playing with the rings on his fingers. "Y/n?" He asks lifting my head up by my chin with his index finger . "Yes love?" I say making eye contact with him. His dark brown eyes are so peaceful, they're filled with lust, and only for me. Me out of all people. "When are we getting you a ring gorgeous?" He asks rubbing my cheek with his thumb. "How about tomorrow? We'll wake up somewhat early and go." I say, a smile starting to form knowing that he's wanting to get married soon. "We have school love, we can't miss anymore." He says as the microwave beeps. I stand up and grab the food and 2 forks. "Shit that's right." I say sitting back down. "How about after school?" I ask taking a bite of mac and cheese. "Perfect!" He says putting a smile on his face. We finish our food and head to bed, slowly drifting off to sleep. I cant sleep with how excited I am to finally marry Eddie. I just hope nothing goes wrong....
To be continued
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
word count- 3270